Page 65 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    What safety switch is that?

Do the DUO models come with the Trijicon RMR adapter plate?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Do the DUO models come with the Trijicon RMR adapter plate?
    They do as I use mine to bolt an SRO to my P DUO.

Quote Originally Posted by BCera View Post
    What safety switch is that?
    Ed Brown match width single side that I fitted and cut down a bit at the back. Love it.

Name:  4C9DFB7B-6621-4808-B361-098F83DBC9F0.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  25.9 KB

Ed Brown match width single side that I fitted and cut down a bit at the back. Love it.

Name:  4C9DFB7B-6621-4808-B361-098F83DBC9F0.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  25.9 KB
    I dig it! I was considering the Atlas high ambi safety with shield.

When I can get down there, the LGS has a STI Staccato P Duo waiting for me, so I can see what all the fuss is about. What are the essentials I need? I think my Open holster will work for the range, so JM AIWB, what mags, what else?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    When I can get down there, the LGS has a STI Staccato P Duo waiting for me, so I can see what all the fuss is about. What are the essentials I need? I think my Open holster will work for the range, so JM AIWB, what mags, what else?
    No one wants to hear it......

But all 30 of my gen 2 Mags needed some type of tweaking to work in the Dvc-P. I’m told due to the 8lb recoil spring but still.

I hope the duty intended models are less, well like this.

If it becomes relevant the feed lips on 9/38 super need to be 5 thousandths wider in front than back to point the bullets up at the feed ramp. Mine are set at .348-.350 in back and .353- .355 in front.

Atlas Gunworks has plus power 126/140mm sprigs too if you need. And they’re the same length so the 140’s get weak fast in stock form in my experience

But all 30 of my gen 2 Mags needed some type of tweaking to work in the Dvc-P. I’m told due to the 8lb recoil spring but still.

If it becomes relevant the feed lips on 9/38 super need to be 5 thousandths wider in front than back to point the bullets up at the feed ramp. Mine are set at .348-.350 in back and .353- .355 in front.

Atlas Gunworks has plus power 126/140mm sprigs too if you need. And they’re the same length so the 140’s get weak fast in stock form in my experience
    You have 30 Gen 2 STI mags?!?! HOLY SHIT.

What tools did you use to tune the mags? Sorry I have no idea how to tune mags. Anticipating I'll need to work on mine. Are you using the steel mag bodies or the teflon coated (black) ones?

I hope this is not the case with the Staccato P, as I was led to believe they were reliable out of the box, including the mags?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Have the 4.15" P DUO w/ an SRO bolted to it & besides an extra eight 17 & four 21rd. mags. I also picked up the Dawson tool-less GR. Given the lack of holsters last yr. I'm still using a T1 Concealed as my open holster w/ a Boss Stoeger attachment point.

2K thru it in USPSA, SC, 3G plus an Anderson class & the only issue I've noticed is keeping the supplied RMR plate tight, started w/ Vibra-tite but now using the supplied red loctite it comes with.

ETA zero issues here w/ mags & looking forward to your feedback as mine's role will be shifting soon to a 3G blaster.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 03-25-2020 at 07:31 PM.

User Tag List