Page 57 of 120 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by porkster View Post
    Thanks for the detailed reply. Guess the next thing is figuring out the magazine situation for the Staccato P and being in a ban state that limits capacity to 10.

I was told by someone at STI that they should be the same mags but crimped to limit capacity. Checking on Dawson's site, it looked like there was an STI 10 round double stack mag listed but it was not shown as "gen 1" or "gen 2", and was about $75 versus the new $50 gen 2 high capacity. I suppose another alternative is to use internal blocks and then sealing the baseplates, but that prevents serviceability.
    The 10rd mags on Dawson's site are Gen2 mags (you can tell because it has the panel contour on the side vs 2 ribs of the Gen1) that they are dimpling as an aftermarket solution. I actually ordered 2 as I am traveling a lot to mag ban states for the STI classes.

Quote Originally Posted by HiltonYam View Post
    The 10rd mags on Dawson's site are Gen2 mags (you can tell because it has the panel contour on the side vs 2 ribs of the Gen1) that they are dimpling as an aftermarket solution. I actually ordered 2 as I am traveling a lot to mag ban states for the STI classes.
    Hilton, you or someone, should start a red dot on the STI thread in the red dot sub forum. Between your classes, your experiences, and those of others, I bet this could be a great thread!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Mike Pannone is currently running a Staccato P on his Instgram feed with some nice things to say.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    So now that they've gotten their website updated to show the 2020 guns, it looks like no more double stack .45s (Staccato P)?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    So now that they've gotten their website updated to show the 2020 guns, it looks like no more double stack .45s (Staccato P)?
    That is correct, I sold 11 guns to 7 officers nationwide in .45 in 2019. The decision was made to not offer the P in .45 for the time being in order to devote the production capacity to the 9mm guns as they are selling faster than we can produce them.
    I’ll try means I’ll fail, you either can or can’t, and can’t never got anything done.

Picked up my Staccato P 2020 this evening and put a quick 150 rounds through it. Field stripped it at the gun shop and wiped it off with a paper towel. Lubed liberally with LUCAS oil and hit the range.

Gun ran perfect with 5 different mags. Passed the 10-8 test with zero drama. The 2020 model as a nice buried adjustable rear, like the TRP's have, and they adjusted easily. Zeroed at 10 yards.

Really excited for this gun. I traded in 3 others to get it, and its gonna be my do-all blaster for 2020 (and beyond?).

Took the 2020 Staccato-P plunge. Are level II duty holsters a thing yet? I have an OWB kydex rig being made by Blackpoint Tactical, but would like a QLS ready option available for my duty/training belt. Thanks for any information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JM is now making STI rigs.

http://instagram.com/p/B76_oAAJEi1/
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    JM is now making STI rigs.

http://instagram.com/p/B76_oAAJEi1/
    Thank you!

Site Supporter
    the word on the street is if you have dot mounted (dp pro or RMR) the M&P/SIG P320 RDS holster works. I don't have a staccato to try it with. I have also seen a few companies that have an SLS like version, and I do believe a few of them are linked in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Took the 2020 Staccato-P plunge. Are level II duty holsters a thing yet? I have an OWB kydex rig being made by Blackpoint Tactical, but would like a QLS ready option available for my duty/training belt. Thanks for any information.

User Tag List