Page 54 of 120 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Thanks for your opinion on her. In the future If you are shooting a rds gun try some polarized glasses. They help mine a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's the first I've heard of this. I'll have to give that a shot. Thanks for the tip!

STI should advertise on this forum, just saying
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I am loosing track of the pistols I have wanted or bought because of this place. I am not saying that I have not enjoyed the journey but I can’t afford everything. A recent safe purging saw my HK VP9s and P30s go. I did keep my P7s. As soon as I complete my Langdon Beretta 92 and PX4 purchases I am getting an STI. It’s funny. It’s like I went full circle. The first 9mm I bought was a Taurus 99 because it was half the price of a beretta 92. My duty gun was always Colt 1911. Now that I’m retired I’m carrying berettas and I am saving up to buy a “modern” 1911

Quote Originally Posted by HiltonYam View Post
    Hey guys,
    I think a few of you know me here, and a buddy suggested I join up. I appreciate the links to my YouTube content on STI's.

Having skimmed most of this thread, a couple points for clarification:
    -10-8 Performance front sights are machined from prehardened 4140 bar stock and the fiber optic design has a center shielded section which protects the fiber optic. They are not made by Dawson Precision. There is a specific model in the works for the STI iron sight models.
    -I have never guarded an abandoned nuclear power plant, that wasn't even in the charter of my former employer. If I can't pick you out of a photo lineup, don't talk about me like we're old coworkers.

A bit about my involvement with STI:
    About a year ago, STI started purchasing slide stops from 10-8. At SHOT 2019, I went to their booth, curious to see where my parts were going. I got a tour of the product line and I was impressed with what they were building. After my retirement from the FBI this past spring, I resumed my work at 10-8 Performance and in doing market research I saw that STI was on the rise in the LE sector. I was interested in their work and ordered a Staccato P DUO from Buck. I heard Buck on the P&S podcast mentioning that they were looking to start an armorer program. I was too impatient to wait for my DUO and ended up buying an iron sighted Staccato P from Gunbroker and studied it, then contacted Buck and Tony at STI to propose that I develop and implement their armorer program. And here I am.

I hope that wasn't too much info, but I wanted to clear up any of the misinformation or misconceptions on the thread. I didn't have to volunteer to work with STI, but I like what they're doing and their whole corporate culture. If you have questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Thank you,
    Hilton Yam
    Welcome aboard, @HiltonYam. Let me know if you need anything, I own this joint.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Tell me about it. I've been very impressed with what STI has been up to lately, and you know me dude, I'm a 1911/2011 snob

That Stacatto-P with the recessed BoMar style rear is speaking to me in a huge way. My only questions at this point, but minor and not deal breakers :

1. If they can use a right side safety captured via the hammer pin like on the EGW or WC Bulletproof ambis - I like to be able to strip the gun without removing the grips if possible
    2. How easily will those sights rust? That's my one beef with Dawsons - after use the gun may be thrown in my kit box (which admittedly is a mess), and when taken back out it can become an adjustable Cheeto

S/F

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    We are here! Myself, Hilton, and Matt Little are in here frequently!
    I’ll try means I’ll fail, you either can or can’t, and can’t never got anything done.

Quote Originally Posted by C1-2DG View Post
    Tell me about it. I've been very impressed with what STI has been up to lately, and you know me dude, I'm a 1911/2011 snob

That Stacatto-P with the recessed BoMar style rear is speaking to me in a huge way. My only questions at this point, but minor and not deal breakers :

1. If they can use a right side safety captured via the hammer pin like on the EGW or WC Bulletproof ambis - I like to be able to strip the gun without removing the grips if possible
    2. How easily will those sights rust? That's my one beef with Dawsons - after use the gun may be thrown in my kit box (which admittedly is a mess), and when taken back out it can become an adjustable Cheeto

S/F
    The rear should not rust. Not sure what you mean as far as the safeties, I tale my gun down all the time without removing the grip
    I’ll try means I’ll fail, you either can or can’t, and can’t never got anything done.

Site Supporter
    As a single stack tard, I'm very interested in the Staccato R. My 1911 tastes have always been very uh..."blue collar" (short for ugly) but I've been toying with saving for a higher end 1911 and that gun looks like just the thing.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Buck8154 View Post
    The rear should not rust. Not sure what you mean as far as the safeties, I tale my gun down all the time without removing the grip
    Thanks for the reply Buck!

I had a moment of stupidity and forgot the right side safety just swings up and out of the way. Too many years with Swenson safeties under a right 1911 panel :doh!:

I absolutely will pick one of these up as time permits, and do an RDS variant when Safariland catches up with their ALS only holsters.

S/F

Quote Originally Posted by Buck8154 View Post
    We are here! Myself, Hilton, and Matt Little are in here frequently!
    Nice to have you here! Been trying to find more information about the old Staccato P vs the new one and the one thing that isn't clear is if the new P will be coming with the small magwell with the gen 2 grip. I liked it on the old one and thought the treebark grip felt good, but it seems like some thought it dug into their palm.

Also, any news on 10 round mags that are considered the better "gen 2" for us poor souls in ban states?

User Tag List