Page 53 of 120 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    OK I got my info (bad I hope) from the Ranier website. OTOH it appears their science of barrel/slide length for 9mm development doesn't make a great case for a 5" 9mm.
    Is the R being marketed toward IDPA and USPSA who may want the longer sight radius?

I talked to the STI rep back in November when they had the models here in Houston. The R is designed for USPSA Single Stack and IDPA CDP or ESP depending on caliber.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Is the R being marketed toward IDPA and USPSA who may want the longer sight radius?
    Yes! I think Buck said as much recently.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I would just like to throw a shoutout to STI. Thank you for giving us a release date on new products. Thank you for delivering on said date with not one but multiple badass options. Thank you for not dropping a rimfire turd after all the hype. You guys are really building guns we want and are asking for.

I truly appreciate this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I would prefer a 10-8 rear sight.
    It might be a while.... but I bet there will be a 10-8 replacement sight for it.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Site Supporter
    Two additional observations on the 2020 guns:
    1. Looks like all dustcover rails have gone to a single picatinny notch. I assume the one picked was statistically the one used most. Not a big deal since every single railed Glock (except the rare 21SF Picatinny) only uses one notch.
    2. In each model that has a DUO and non-DUO version, there is jump in price to the DUO. HOWEVER, P->P DUO is $500, C2->C2 DUO is $500, BUUUT, C->C DUO is just $200.

I'm really looking forward to getting one or two of these this coming year. My only debate is WHICH one or two. So far my leader board looks like this:

1. C
    2. C2 DUO
    3. R
    4. P DUO

I’m in a ban state but the P is very interesting. Otherwise I’m looking at R or maybe C.

Site Supporter
    A few Staccato XCs in stock at Rainier Arms right now.

https://www.rainierarms.com/sti-inte...xc-9mm-pistol/

Site Supporter
    To Pick up from my post @ 222.

I had the opportunity to put about 150 rounds thru a Staccato-P pistol equipped with a Leupold Delta Point Pro. In a nutshell- very flat shooting, less "felt recoil" than the EDC 9, less felt recoil shooting Hornady Critical Duty than a than a Gen 2 19 shooting 124+ p Gold Dot. Frame fit, barrel fit all quite tight. Trigger felt to be 4.5 to 5 with just the barest hint of take up. Reset was short and very crisp.

I found the dot to have considerable "bloom" for my astigmatic eyes. I was not able to turn the dot off to shoot the suppressor height black rear/green f/o front exclusively. I have less than 400 rounds total thru red dot pistols so I know that the learning curve for me could be steep in addition to the vision issues. at 3/5/7/10 yards, all rounds were under 3.5 inches, initially shooting as fast as I could re-acquire the dot, then just as fast as I could pull the trigger.

I opened up to about 6.5-7.5 at 15/20/25 yards ( all in the 8 inch circle on the target.) I found the bloom of the red dot (2.5 MOA ?) to be very problematic at longer distances. I know that is my vision issue v. an equipment issue.

Bottom line-The pistol itself recoils less, shoots flatter, holds more rounds and is less expensive than the Wilson XDC 9. Color me very interested.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    To Pick up from my post @ 222.

I had the opportunity to put about 150 rounds thru a Staccato-P pistol equipped with a Leupold Delta Point Pro. In a nutshell- very flat shooting, less "felt recoil" than the EDC 9, less felt recoil shooting Hornady Critical Duty than a than a Gen 2 19 shooting 124+ p Gold Dot. Frame fit, barrel fit all quite tight. Trigger felt to be 4.5 to 5 with just the barest hint of take up. Reset was short and very crisp.

I found the dot to have considerable "bloom" for my astigmatic eyes. I was not able to turn the dot off to shoot the suppressor height black rear/green f/o front exclusively. I have less than 400 rounds total thru red dot pistols so I know that the learning curve for me could be steep in addition to the vision issues. at 3/5/7/10 yards, all rounds were under 3.5 inches, initially shooting as fast as I could re-acquire the dot, then just as fast as I could pull the trigger.

I opened up to about 6.5-7.5 at 15/20/25 yards ( all in the 8 inch circle on the target.) I found the bloom of the red dot (2.5 MOA ?) to be very problematic at longer distances. I know that is my vision issue v. an equipment issue.

Bottom line-The pistol itself recoils less, shoots flatter, holds more rounds and is less expensive than the Wilson XDC 9. Color me very interested.
    Thanks for your opinion on her. In the future If you are shooting a rds gun try some polarized glasses. They help mine a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List