Page 5 of 120 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior45 View Post
    I have been looking at a DVC-P really hard, I just don’t know if it’s worth the $4000 MSRP. Anyone have time with one and what are your thoughts?
    Frank proctor on his Instagram has been shooting that model a lot. He may have more up on Frank Proctor TV as well. I’ve only briefly played around with its predecessor, the Costa Comp, so I have little to add from actual use, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Frank proctor on his Instagram has been shooting that model a lot. He may have more up on Frank Proctor TV as well. I’ve only briefly played around with its predecessor, the Costa Comp, so I have little to add from actual use, sorry.
    STI sponsors him.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    STI sponsors him.
    Yeah, I’m about 99% sure he gets those guns for free. Doesn’t mean he’s not a man of integrity that can share the results of shooting a high volume of rounds through these guns.

He’s sponsored by BCM as well I believe, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t make excellent quality rifles that I trust my life to. Just trying to give a resource of info.

If you love 1911/2011’s, STI’s are hard to beat. I borrowed a DVC 3-gun model last year and ran it against a Mink custom Shadow and an X-Five with a Grayguns trigger on the timer. Speed stuff, bullseye, steel, lots of reloading. I shot the Shadow SA, for more of an apples-to-apples comparison, and, for the most part, it was the clear winner. STI’s are a big investment; guns, mags are expensive, but for 1911 devotees, they’re a great choice.

Name:  3DB468ED-6D7B-4985-B221-772C68D8AE0D.jpg
Views: 1202
Size:  94.3 KB

Yeah, I’m about 99% sure he gets those guns for free. Doesn’t mean he’s not a man of integrity that can share the results of shooting a high volume of rounds through these guns.

He’s sponsored by BCM as well I believe, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t make excellent quality rifles that I trust my life to. Just trying to give a resource of info.
    We are talking about STI quality control issues or lack there of.

I would hope I don’t need explain why a sponsored shooter isn’t the best source for unbiased information.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    We are talking about STI quality control issues or lack there of.

I would hope I don’t need explain why a sponsored shooter isn’t the best source for unbiased information.
    Whoa, no need to try to belittle me sir. I was replying to a specific question, asking if anyone had time behind a DVC-P, and if it was worth it. While clearly QA is a significant part of the question, that’s not the only aspect behind a “is it worth it” type of question. The other side has to do with how does it shoot, and specifically to the DVC-P does the comp reduce recoil and maintain reliability in a way that justifies the cost.

Frank can’t necessarily answer the QA aspect to Warrior45’s question, but since there were no other resources posted from others on this gun, I think looking into seeing what input he has would be a decent place to start researching. From a purely performance side at least.

Sponsorship does not mean a product is worthless, just that you need to take what’s said with a grain of salt.

Warrior45, I have the Costa Carrry Comp in 9 which is basically the same pistol, different cosmetics I believe(and the optics cut). I was amazed at how good this pistol is. I am a hard core 1911 guy. The trigger is better than my Ed Brown and my buddies Wilson. The lockup is tight, the fitting is very good but most importantly it shoots exceptionally well. But worth is very subjective and includes factors well outside the actual item in question. 4k to one person may be a crazy number but to others its not much. So the comfort level and availability of disposable income become a factor. So to anyone contemplating such a purchase I would say, does buying it leave you with no money to shoot or train for a really long time? If yes then it might not be worth it. But if it has no impact on the other necessities then I would give it a healthy consideration. Its an excellent pistol.

Sponsorship does not mean a product is worthless, .
    No one said it does. Calm down.

And back to tech discussion
    #RESIST

Thank you, I will check him out.

User Tag List