Page 48 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Glad you are here @HiltonYam!
    +1,000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HiltonYam View Post
    Hey guys,
    I think a few of you know me here, and a buddy suggested I join up. I appreciate the links to my YouTube content on STI's.

Having skimmed most of this thread, a couple points for clarification:
    -10-8 Performance front sights are machined from prehardened 4140 bar stock and the fiber optic design has a center shielded section which protects the fiber optic. They are not made by Dawson Precision. There is a specific model in the works for the STI iron sight models.
    -I have never guarded an abandoned nuclear power plant, that wasn't even in the charter of my former employer. If I can't pick you out of a photo lineup, don't talk about me like we're old coworkers.

A bit about my involvement with STI:
    About a year ago, STI started purchasing slide stops from 10-8. At SHOT 2019, I went to their booth, curious to see where my parts were going. I got a tour of the product line and I was impressed with what they were building. After my retirement from the FBI this past spring, I resumed my work at 10-8 Performance and in doing market research I saw that STI was on the rise in the LE sector. I was interested in their work and ordered a Staccato P DUO from Buck. I heard Buck on the P&S podcast mentioning that they were looking to start an armorer program. I was too impatient to wait for my DUO and ended up buying an iron sighted Staccato P from Gunbroker and studied it, then contacted Buck and Tony at STI to propose that I develop and implement their armorer program. And here I am.

I hope that wasn't too much info, but I wanted to clear up any of the misinformation or misconceptions on the thread. I didn't have to volunteer to work with STI, but I like what they're doing and their whole corporate culture. If you have questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Thank you,
    Hilton Yam
    Welcome! Glad to see you here.

@HiltonYam, glad to see you here. Longtime fan of 10-8 Performance Labs!!
    I hope you participate on a regular basis.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

I dunno who the buddy of @HiltonYam was that recommended to him that he join us, but thank you mystery person. And also thank you Mr. Yam for your service, I'm glad you're here to join us. We have a few 1911 fans around here and even some folks who are pretty good at building them cough* @Jason Burton *cough, cough* @WilsonCombatRep *cough having another individual with a lot of experience is a great addition to our community!

Oh and @Buck8154 who doesn't necessarily build them, but helps us get that sweet-sweet 2011 crack.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 12-04-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Agree that it is cool to have Hilton joining the forum and this thread. Good stuff.
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Site Supporter
    Oh hell yes, we got Hilton Yam here now.

Thanks for being on dude, your body of work on the 1911 definitely kept me from making a bunch of dumb decisions when I was first getting interested in the platform.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Dude! Yes! Welcome aboard, Hilton! Looking forward to having you around these parts.

Site Supporter
    I’m glad to have you here Hilton. Hopefully I can buy a staccato 10-8 model to go with my 10-8 Springfields! I guess we should start calling the STI’s “modern 1911 service weapons”

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    my 10-8 Springfields!
    Dag gum, that's plural. Those where usually wiped out in hours once they went on sale yes? Are they pictured on the 1911 gallery thread? I'll check and gape at them.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    Now I just need to stop being poor so I can afford (another) one.
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Nobody with even a single 2011 is “poor.” Poor is just having a Glock or three.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    Fine - psuedo poor?
    #FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMS

User Tag List