Page 40 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Might there be an engineering/design remedy for the bending of ejectors from slide lock reloads described like a "known" issue a couple pages back? (post #380)
    Our current ejectors are hand tapered by a gun smith, and use a roll pin as opposed to a solid pin like previously. The roll pin absorbs any impact and sacrifices itself as opposed to just breaking the ejector. We are also developing a new base pad for our 21 rd mags so that they cannot over insert. An immediate fix is run the 17 rd mag, or run a dawson baspad on the 21 rd mag. That can happen on any platform where you are reloading a longer mag than grip that does not have a base pad that times against the bottom of the magwell/grip, i.e. g17 mag reloaded in a g19, hk vp9 mag reloaded in a vp9sk, etc.
    I’ll try means I’ll fail, you either can or can’t, and can’t never got anything done.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck8154 View Post
    The Staccato-R is a 5" bushing barrel single stack 2011, using a Kart National Match barrel and HD bushing. It was designed for the USPSA and IPSC single stack divisions, and is legal in both. To truly see how a 2011 modular frame with polymer grip dissipates recoil energy different than a one piece frame, go shoot an R in .45acp side by side with 1911 in .45...it is a massive difference in felt recoil and muzzle movement. I believe all 2020 models will be presented by the factory over the next week and a half, with sales going live for dealers the first week of December.
    Is it available in 9mm as well?

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Is it available in 9mm as well?
    Yes, 9mm and .45
    I’ll try means I’ll fail, you either can or can’t, and can’t never got anything done.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck8154 View Post
    The Staccato-R is a 5" bushing barrel single stack 2011, using a Kart National Match barrel and HD bushing. It was designed for the USPSA and IPSC single stack divisions, and is legal in both. To truly see how a 2011 modular frame with polymer grip dissipates recoil energy different than a one piece frame, go shoot an R in .45acp side by side with 1911 in .45...it is a massive difference in felt recoil and muzzle movement. I believe all 2020 models will be presented by the factory over the next week and a half, with sales going live for dealers the first week of December.
    If it's anything like the RRA Poly I shoot and carry (though I'm sure it will be different) I'd bet it has a significant recoil reduction advantage.

I have a sense that the Poly framed single stack 1911 concept will see some significant improvement when this Staccato R shows up though. Very interested to see where it goes.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    If it's anything like the RRA Poly I shoot and carry (though I'm sure it will be different) I'd bet it has a significant recoil reduction advantage.

I have a sense that the Poly framed single stack 1911 concept will see some significant improvement when this Staccato R shows up though. Very interested to see where it goes.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    I was able to try it at the factory last week, and it was a LOT of fun to shoot...

Are staccato P 10rd mags reliable?

That Staccato R might be the perfect fit for you @newyork.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Just saw that above and wondered if there are pics, pricing etc yet.

Got to hold the C and the P yesterday. P felt better. Loved it. But 10rd mags. My hand is broken too so grain of salt on in store impressions. Can’t shoot for a while (right handed anyway). But I’d love to know if gen 2 mags are gtg in 10rd. I’ve heard a couple other manufacturers 10rd are great.

On the other hand the R looks good. Not into the rear sight but I don’t mind it. They’re not beauty queens to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    That Staccato R might be the perfect fit for you @newyork.
    Link?

User Tag List