Page 29 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

So the new mags will make the older guns work?

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    So the new mags will make the older guns work?
    If it was a magazine issue that made them not run, probably.

The new mags are designed around a 9mm size and length cartridge, where the old ones were designed around the .40 length cartridge. The old mags use a spacer to make up the length difference. Any little bit of debris between the follower and spacer will result in a stuck/slow follower and they just don't work super well when they get dirty. As a result folks use lots of spring pressure to overcome this, causing the follower to jump the feed lips, and thus needing the feed lips to be tuned.

The new mags eliminated the spacer, redesigned the feed lips, and use a longer-skirt follower inside a polished mag body thus providing more consistent feeding etc.

If you "tune" the Gen 1 mags properly and don't try to spring them to get extra capacity, they work fine for competition, range, and training use, but I wouldn't trust them for duty/carry use. I only carry my gun with Gen2 mags which have been 100%. My Gen1s are all between 90-99% which isn't good enough for carry.

Anyone know if they will make their gen 2 mags in 10 rounds capacity?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    The new mags eliminated the spacer, redesigned the feed lips, and use a longer-skirt follower inside a polished mag body thus providing more consistent feeding etc.
    They also changed the multi line indent to a broad indent. The ribbed indents was one of the reasons a spacer was needed. The old SV mags don’t need a spacer, and what I have for my open gun.

2011 EDC guns are apparently the new hotness.

Name:  4C500B79-3C4E-48AB-857D-28C6623226BE.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  44.2 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I sight picture, 2 trigger pulls. .18 split. This gun is ridiculous

Name:  3135173B-C634-4D21-92AD-28F43F54ED57.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  29.4 KB

I have not left my gun as it arrived.

Out of the box the trigger was 3.4lbs. In a thousand rounds it had dropped to 2lbs 7oz.

Rather than just tweek the sear spring I decided to have a local master Smith do all the internals with Wilson bullet proof parts. Along with it I added the x-line vario short trigger from atlas gun works.

After it was adjusted I had a 3lb 9oz trigger with slightly more pretravel (my preference) and crips break.

We also broke some of the edges, removed the magwell, added a Dawson mag lock and aluminum mainspring housing.

I’m very happy with it and the short trigger is perfect.

I plan to put 1k rounds through it in one day or 2 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I sight picture, 2 trigger pulls. .18 split.
    Only one metric is missing!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Only one metric is missing!
    7 meters

If you decided to leave a target early this thing would keep you in the A zone
    Last edited by Duke; 10-18-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    7 meters

If you decided to leave a target early this thing would keep you in the A zone
    I was praying it was not 27 meters, or this thread would have gotten very expensive.

User Tag List