Page 26 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    “It’s as heavy as 10 boxes that you may be moving...”

Attachment 43376
    That is friggin hilarious. Sweet blaster too!
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

You can see how small I am as the Gun reaches most the way across me.

Attachment 43530
    And they say small guys can’t conceal a real pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Buck, I enjoyed the podcast on Primary and secondary. I need to sell a few guns and then I will emailing you. How is the size of the 120mm grip? Glock 19 or 17 size? I guess a 1911 version is CCO or commander size? How easy is it to swap grips?
    Its about 1/4” longer than a g19 grip, and 1/4” shorter than a g17 grip.
    I’ll try means I’ll fail, you either can or can’t, and can’t never got anything done.

I like it that we have jumped from considering a 1911 for carry, right past to a 2011. I think they are lovely guns, I just wonder between weight, shape, and complexity, whether folks stick with the, for the long term.

For a short period in the late 90’s or early 2000’s, I carried a compact size 2011 in .45 for EDC, and remember going to NTI with it. I just can’t remember what happened to that pistol, and how it worked out for carry. Seems like it wasn’t 100 percent reliable, but I can’t swear to that.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I like it that we have jumped from considering a 1911 for carry, right past to a 2011. I think they are lovely guns, I just wonder between weight, shape, and complexity, whether folks stick with the, for the long term.

For a short period in the late 90’s or early 2000’s, I carried a compact size 2011 in .45 for EDC, and remember going to NTI with it. I just can’t remember what happened to that pistol, and how it worked out for carry. Seems like it wasn’t 100 percent reliable, but I can’t swear to that.
    Once I had the second mag down range I had decided - if it continued to work reliably - these are the guns for me.

Trigger. Comp. Hammer. Red dot. Rail for a light. Check in all areas

Once I had the second mag down range I had decided - if it continued to work reliably - these are the guns for me.

Trigger. Comp. Hammer. Red dot. Rail for a light. Check in all areas
    You ought to shoot it in Open at local USPSA matches from AIWB, and give them something to talk about.

I definitely would love to have one of these but I have to pace myself. Especially with LTT offering 92’s in every size.

I have to wonder if the large trend to 9mm has worked in favor of the STI as a weapon. If it was only offered in 45 would it be so reliable and popular?

You ought to shoot it in Open at local USPSA matches from AIWB, and give them something to talk about.
    They’d probably just talk about “that skinny guy with a gun he can’t shoot well and no match strategy” while laughing and pointing

Ironic that you suggested that to Duke as that’s my skinny asses plan come Dec. when my P Duo arrives.

They’d probably just talk about “that skinny guy with a gun he can’t shoot well and no match strategy” while laughing and pointing
    Will a SRO fit on the RMR plate?

User Tag List