Page 18 of 120 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Totally agree with Jody.

From a prospective of a potential Limited class gamer, would love to see a sightblock like option on your limited gun. Hopefully, this is something you might find interesting to develop.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Build the Staccato-C and we will come [emoji6]

I agree with a lot of what JodyH said. Keep up the good work and once you can, try and focus on us ccw guys. We will reward you handsomely if you build us some good options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We will have a heavy focus on the ccw market going forward. 2020 is bringing some new things for sure. Of course my posts will lean more towards the leo/mil focus as that is my position and responsibility in the company. I will add input on other subjects as well, as I have until very recently managed every dealer west of the Mississippi as well, and have and have heard a metric ton of feedback from non-law enforcement officers as well. The only thing that I will not cover on here is the status of military requests and T&E due to the nature of who im working with in that regard.
    I’ll try means I’ll fail, you either can or can’t, and can’t never got anything done.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Totally agree with Jody.

From a prospective of a potential Limited class gamer, would love to see a sightblock like option on your limited gun. Hopefully, this is something you might find interesting to develop.
    You mean an island front sight? Because we had that last year and they didnt sell, and thus were not offered this year.
    I’ll try means I’ll fail, you either can or can’t, and can’t never got anything done.

Site Supporter

Tool less Recoil Spring Guide for the 4.15 inch guns

Buck, any idea when this will be available? That's the one thing I would change, incorporate it across the Staccato line. Cops are always frustrated taking it apart and they always say, "WHAT TOOL?" when I show them how to strip it and reassemble it. It's easily done without the tool, but they always go, my Glock is so much easier.

A really good niche I could see STI in is the "professional" CCW market, much like how you have worked your way into LE.
    You approached the high volume, highly skilled shooters first and then let your success with them trickle down into the patrol sector.

Nobody to date has worked with highly skilled, motivated civilian shooters who carry to develop a gun designed for their needs.
    And yes, their needs are different from LE, competition and the lowest common denominator permit holder.

A Staccato P or C meets my CCW needs about as well as a Taurus Curve does... that is, not at all (albeit for completely different reasons).

I can see it now.
    The P-F.com pistol designed by us, for us...

Last edited by JodyH; 09-22-2019 at 12:51 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by banzaijohn View Post
    Buck, any idea when this will be available? That's the one thing I would change, incorporate it across the Staccato line. Cops are always frustrated taking it apart and they always say, "WHAT TOOL?" when I show them how to strip it and reassemble it. It's easily done without the tool, but they always go, my Glock is so much easier.
    Tool less guide rods will be in more models for next year. The whole reason for the current system in the 4.15 guns was that it is tool less as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I’m stoked to see Matt and Buck on here answering questions, thanks guys.
    Me too. This thread is gold. I am a happy STI Staccato P DUO 9mm owner after having been very skeptical of a lot of STI's previous products. So far, I love my Staccato P. Really looking forward to what else they come out with in the near future and this thread really has me wanting a DVC-C.

The only thing I wish I was able to find more of were quality holsters for a guy that carries at the 3-3:30 position. I know there are a few out there, I just want to see more.
    Last edited by usmc_k9_vet; 09-22-2019 at 01:26 PM.
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    A really good niche I could see STI in is the "professional" CCW market, much like how you have worked your way into LE.
    You approached the high volume, highly skilled shooters first and then let your success with them trickle down into the patrol sector.

Nobody to date has worked with highly skilled, motivated civilian shooters who carry to develop a gun designed for their needs.
    And yes, their needs are different from LE, competition and the lowest common denominator permit holder.

A Staccato P or C meets my CCW needs about as well as a Taurus Curve does... that is, not at all (albeit for completely different reasons).

I can see it now.
    The P-F.com pistol designed by us, for us...

We take feedback from all our customers, especially the ccw crowd as it is hands down the largest market in the US. We have received a lot of requests for a double stack version of the staccato-c, but the biggest request we ha e for our carry guns isnt a sight change or grip safety change, but have them be optics ready, and smooth out the edges more. When it comes to sights and controls we will have to as a production company do what is best for the masses, knowing that certain items will always be a personal preference, and easily switched in the aftermarket by the end user. Getting to personal with a production gun always alienates a potential user, so we focus are engineering our guns, to be reliable and accurate first.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
    Me too. This thread is gold. I am a happy STI Staccato P DUO 9mm owner after having been very skeptical of a lot of STI's previous products. So far, I love my Staccato P. Really looking forward to what else they come out with in the near future and this thread really has me wanting a DVC-C.

The only thing I with I was able to find more of were quality holsters for a guy that carries at the 3-3:30 position. I know there are a few out there, I just want to see more.
    Look in to blackpoint tactical, long shadow holsters, little gat holsters, tier1 concealed, battleborn holsters, txc, and philster, as they all have high quality options.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck8154 View Post
    You mean an island front sight? Because we had that last year and they didnt sell, and thus were not offered this year.
    Is this the sight seen in the Omni with the comp.

Asking for a friend with $4k burning in his pocket and an unhealthy level of attraction to an inanimate object

User Tag List