Page 17 of 120 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I am really hoping STI drops a edc-x9 equivalent. For a compact carry double stack I would like it to be as simple and without frills as possible. Thank you for the response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry guys, that was a typo on my part. The DVC-C, not DVC-P.

Site Supporter
    I’m stoked to see Matt and Buck on here answering questions, thanks guys.

No problem, thanks for having us!

Quote Originally Posted by Buck8154 View Post
    No problem, thanks for having us!
    Probably a low-level question, but why are the magazines referred to in millimeters?

Quote Originally Posted by Buck8154 View Post
    While the grip safety removal is an interesting topic, that has been discussed, you are only the second person to ask us to do it. Not saying we wouldnt look at it, but there has been no demand for it yet.

As far as sights, I doubt we ever go back to tritium as the overwhelming majority of our customer base no longer wishes to have it. To quote Dave Dawson as he said it in a way that hit the point home, “the only thing tritium sights are good for is seeing where your gun is on the nightstand, because if its dark enough to see them glow, its too dark to prove in court that there was a threat to your life”. After seeing some large leo agencies conducting low light testing with black, tritium, and fiber front sights, it was an almost unanimous decision to go fiber front. There is also a massive move towards pistol optics happening within the leo world now, which also negates the need for tritium. Tritium will always have a place in the aftermarket, and sights are like shoes, every individual has their own preference.

Same with single sided thumb safety. We had quite a few left over guardians from last year, all them were purchased by law enforcement officers, and requested the single sided safeties be replaced by ambi safeties. We make our guns set up for the 95% of our consumer base, and I think single safeties will also be aftermarket option for those who want them.
    I can 100% see your focus on LE in your post.
    Everything I put in my post is geared around CCW.
    I wish you nothing but the best in breaking into the LE market with as much success as you have had in the competition arena but I don't personally see anything at all that interests me as a CCW.
    (and everything like tritium, safeties and optics have already been or are currently being discussed on the forum ad nauseam so no need in rehashing it here)
    Last edited by JodyH; 09-22-2019 at 11:07 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Probably a low-level question, but why are the magazines referred to in millimeters?
    It's a holdover from the USPSA/IPSC competition rules.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Local shop can’t keep STI pistols in stock. All the models are selling as soon as they come in.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Just a carryover from competition, doubt it will continue going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Local shop can’t keep STI pistols in stock. All the models are selling as soon as they come in.
    We have about a 3 month lead time due to sales volume this year...for perspective as of march 1 we had already sold more guns than we did in 2018, and Ive sold almost as many guns to leo this year as we did as a company last year.

Build the Staccato-C and we will come [emoji6]

I agree with a lot of what JodyH said. Keep up the good work and once you can, try and focus on us ccw guys. We will reward you handsomely if you build us some good options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List