Page 14 of 120 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Little View Post
    Hey everyone, I知 not the most active member of PF but I致e been on here for a little while. Used to have a training log on the forum. I am sponsored by STI as part of their Tactical Team 2011, and just got clued in to this thread by Les Pepperoni. I知 happy to help with any questions anyone has about the company or the products. If I don稚 know the answer, I値l reach out to those that do and report back.
    STI needs to buy advertising here, let them know

Lemme know if you need anything at all here, thanks for being part of the community.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Dawson Precision shows to have a Staccato P and a DVC-C still in stock as of AM on 9/21.
    I've been resisting for several days now (annual home insurance bill came in yesterday and that helped me resist).
    Resistance is futile!

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    Is there a Staccato P type model coming without the Mag funnel. Or can the end user swap the grip like the DVC models and put a grip on it to make it comparable to the carry model DVC.
    There are a variety of grip modules available and you can swap them out easily. The magwell comes off and you can run it without it.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    STI needs to buy advertising here, let them know

Lemme know if you need anything at all here, thanks for being part of the community.
    I値l work on the advertising bit for sure. I agree with you there 100%.

Thanks, this is my favorite shooting forum. I知 just been too busy to be as active here as I would have liked.

Quote Originally Posted by FredWyn View Post
    The people who love STI handguns are the competitive shooters. If you are not a gun-game player, STI is a waste of money.
    USMS SOG disagrees with you.

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/07/24...i-2011-pistols

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, I知 going to weigh in here. I知 going to attempt to do so politely and humbly, but I知 going to be honest as well. I have been to combat multiple times as a special operations soldier. I recently retired from a full time SWAT team in what is arguably the most violent city in North America. I have been in gunfights in both roles. Given my choice, sponsorship or not, I would never chose any polymer gun over an STI produced since Nate shifted the company towards the LE/MIL market. This is not an academic or theoretical opinion, as I have the experience to back it up. No offense intended towards anyone.

FredWyn is no longer able to post here, no need to respond to him.
    #RESIST

Ok, I知 going to weigh in here. I知 going to attempt to do so politely and humbly, but I知 going to be honest as well. I have been to combat multiple times as a special operations soldier. I recently retired from a full time SWAT team in what is arguably the most violent city in North America. I have been in gunfights in both roles. Given my choice, sponsorship or not, I would never chose any polymer gun over an STI produced since Nate shifted the company towards the LE/MIL market. This is not an academic or theoretical opinion, as I have the experience to back it up. No offense intended towards anyone.
    Good data, sorry for the earlier discourtesy, please carry on.
    #RESIST

Matt, thanks for jumping in here and participating, even through all the FNG noise. I'm a Glock guy who has been looking at STI for quite a while, I just haven't been ready to make the final jump. But, you participating here is giving me a lot of "nudges" in the the right direction.

ETA: You see, the problems with me and STI pistols are compound, things that I just don't know, and worse yet, things that I don't know that I don't know. This OP and your participation is really helping me out.
    Last edited by wvincent; 09-21-2019 at 01:59 PM.
    "And for a regular dude I知 maybe okay...but what I learned is if there痴 a door, I知 going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Ok, I知 going to weigh in here.... Given my choice, sponsorship or not, I would never chose any polymer gun over an STI produced since Nate shifted the company towards the LE/MIL market. This is not an academic or theoretical opinion, as I have the experience to back it up. No offense intended towards anyone.

Since you threw this in...I would be very interested in why you feel this way?

Thanks

User Tag List