Page 110 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1199

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Without scanning through 100+ pages of thread--what are the options for level 2 or level 3 duty holsters?

Hilton Yam mentions some Safariland options and I know Blackhawk has the T-Series. Anyone have experience with something else?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    What’s sad is that

If Sti/staccato/2011 whoever pistols ever do *actually* become totally hard use duty rated -

No one will believe them because there is no improvement remaining they don’t already claim to have made.
    Sounds very 1984-ish

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Virgil Tripp is still around and he's still building pistols.

I haven't seen any of Virgil's new stuff nor do I know anyone who's shooting one. Does he make a duty-style gun in 9mm with a railed frame and a slide that's cut for a red dot?

It makes sense that his latest hicap 1911 would likely be more reliable than the legacy stuff considering the original mags were sized to be used in 45 Auto.

https://www.trippresearchinc.com/t2-modular/

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Well after 101 days I received my Staccato C2 Tactical. I mounted my Delta Point Pro and a TLR1HL. I fitted a Dawson Precision Gunsmith Blank Flat Trigger. There was nothing wrong with the stock trigger, I just have found I prefer a flat trigger. I like the direct mount of the DPP and the pistol comes with a low profile plate and hardware for mounting a RMR, Holosun, etc. I have to say that in dry fire I can find the dot with this setup better than any other I've tried. The pistol came with 3 magazines and I had ordered 3 standard magazines and a 140mm as a backup carry magazine. Staccato threw in an extra magazine due to the long wait for the pistol, which I appreciate. It fits very well in my Philster Floodlight, however I have a LAS Saya 2.0 ordered as I think I'll like it better due to it's design. Hopefully I can get to the range today or tomorrow.
    Name:  C2.jpg
Views: 1872
Size:  81.5 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Non supressor sight on Duo

Hi, I've ordered the Staccato P Duo but I'm not in the process of using a RMR at the moment.
    Is it possible to swop out the factory suppressor sights with normal sights?
    If so, any specific models that wil fit?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    No to add to the rumor mill but 90% of Kyle’s schedule is closed military and government contracts and he’s pretty adamant about being to shoot what “the boys” shoot so I can’t help but wonder if those pistols are being adopting in the shadowy circles.

They’ve been adopted in shadowy circles before. Not unlike a battered, black eyed and bruised woman running barefoot away from a drunk man in a trailer house... They’ll be back.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Well after 101 days I received my Staccato C2 Tactical. I mounted my Delta Point Pro and a TLR1HL. I fitted a Dawson Precision Gunsmith Blank Flat Trigger. There was nothing wrong with the stock trigger, I just have found I prefer a flat trigger. I like the direct mount of the DPP and the pistol comes with a low profile plate and hardware for mounting a RMR, Holosun, etc. I have to say that in dry fire I can find the dot with this setup better than any other I've tried. The pistol came with 3 magazines and I had ordered 3 standard magazines and a 140mm as a backup carry magazine. Staccato threw in an extra magazine due to the long wait for the pistol, which I appreciate. It fits very well in my Philster Floodlight, however I have a LAS Saya 2.0 ordered as I think I'll like it better due to it's design. Hopefully I can get to the range today or tomorrow.
    Name:  C2.jpg
Views: 1872
Size:  81.5 KB
    Got to the range and sighted in the DPP. Put 250 rounds through it to include 147 gr. Federal Flat Point, a few 147 gr. HST, my 147 gr. HP reloads and some of my 115gr FMJ reloads. It's sighted in for 147gr. and shot 5 shot 1 inch groups or less at 15 yds. No malfunctions with all ammo. I really like the way it fits my hands and how the dot tracks. Controlled pairs and triples were too easy. It does have a different feel than my RMR equipped 9mm Combat Commander. I may stipple the grips at some point, but I want to shoot it some more beforehand.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    What’s sad is that

If Sti/staccato/2011 whoever pistols ever do *actually* become totally hard use duty rated -

No one will believe them because there is no improvement remaining they don’t already claim to have made.
    Duke, I've seen a ton of references to your negative experiences with a Staccato, but can't seem to find it anywhere. Is that a thread? I'd love to read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Duke, I've seen a ton of references to your negative experiences with a Staccato, but can't seem to find it anywhere. Is that a thread? I'd love to read them.
    That would be this thread as Duke's experience from beginning to end is discussed. When reading, note how Duke refers to the pistols as what he shows. It is like a celebrity marriage; in the beginning she is hot and can do no wrong and ends with her kicked to the curb because she cannot cook and spent all of his money while not being a supermodel. When you get to the point Duke mentions going to M&P is where it gets interesting. It is plain the gun does not run well enough to be trusted.

Post#121 is the first date being scheduled. First shooting mention is post #234. At post #255 it gets interesting. Should I mention I have come back to this thread more than once? It is chock full of good information from a lot of members.
    Last edited by farscott; 12-14-2020 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    That would be this thread as Duke's experience from beginning to end is discussed. When reading, note how Duke refers to the pistols as what he shows. It is like a celebrity marriage; in the beginning she is hot and can do no wrong and ends with her kicked to the curb because she cannot cook and spent all of his money while not being a supermodel. When you get to the point Duke mentions going to M&P is where it gets interesting. It is plain the gun does not run well enough to be trusted.

Post#121 is the first date being scheduled. First shooting mention is post #234. At post #255 it gets interesting. Should I mention I have come back to this thread more than once? It is chock full of good information from a lot of members.

Short answer I bought 3 and had a 4th sent to me for a t&e

The mags.....just aren’t right. I know. Gen 2 gen 2+ plus. New black mags. Yada. I’ve got money and time but not enough of either to get any of my 30 tubes to work 100% in any combo of guns

No matter what Sti or whoever say a the c2 is not -at all- G19 sized. Tape measure doesn’t tell the whole story.

But like the aforementioned celebrity wife - 2011’s are 100% awesome 69% of the time.

Unlivable though.

Name:  28C7C3C0-111C-405C-8C61-2F7AF3969EF1.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  27.4 KB

User Tag List