Page 100 of 120 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1199

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Did you order a 6390 or 6360RDS?

Thanks

Site Supporter
    6390 RDS with the QLS fork part number:

23-4675-158 - [SA-6354RDS-1582-131-MS19] Safariland 6390RDS ALS Level I Duty Holster w/QLS Fork ~STX Tactical - Right {158}

Quote Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
    Did you order a 6390 or 6360RDS?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    6390 RDS with the QLS fork part number:

23-4675-158 - [SA-6354RDS-1582-131-MS19] Safariland 6390RDS ALS Level I Duty Holster w/QLS Fork ~STX Tactical - Right {158}
    Nice. How long ago did you order it?

Thanks

Site Supporter
    February 21

Quote Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
    Nice. How long ago did you order it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buck8154 View Post
    I believe the factory will be making multiple announcements next week, to include the magazine updates.
    Any updates on the announcement and magazine updates?

Shot the Staccato P Duo last weekend. Gun did not disappoint and really put my 92X Performance to shame. Felt like the P Duo also had milder recoil than my CZ TSO 9mm and that says a lot. No failures with about 200 rounds.

The range opened up so I can finally start shooting again. I suppose I am still in the honeymoon phase with this 2019 Staccato P. There is lots to like/love/learn with these 2011 platforms. I need to make 2020 the year I take another pistol class to really run this thing hard.

Like most have stated, its very soft and flat shooting. Shooting it back-to-back with a Gen 3 G19 (Holoson direct mounted) really showed how much flip the Glock has. I wish I had a DUO model, but that can fixed down the road with a trip to a place like Vulcan Machining.

884 rounds so far and I am getting used to operating the safety coming out of the holster and used to the grip in general. I was used to really cramming the web of my hand into the back strap of Glocks (like choking the grip) but with the 2011 I felt those edges in the grip that cover the trigger bow. It reared its head once I started getting over 150 rounds in a session. Now I squeeze more using my palm and 2 middle fingers and I don't feel those ridges at all. A Glock 26 is really where I started on this journey, so maybe that choking grip came from that experience?

I picked up 2x 20rd teflon mags and they malfunctioned. An email to STI and they had replacements in the mail in 3 days. I will NOT mess with mags, no tuning or new springs etc. At least while this is a new-ish pistol, I will use the STI warranty and get new mags if they are not up to snuff. If I had to guess, the feed lips were parallel and did not open up towards the muzzle. Hoping this was a QC thing or bad batch. I ordered a few more mags to compliment my 5 mags that have been 100% with all my ammo.

I don't duty or carry. But with my good mags I would have no issue carrying or using this for HD at this time. I was drawn to the STI for the shooting experience and so far, it has been worth it. Honeymoon and all!

The Gen 2 grip has grown on me as I get more used to operating this pistol. The mag release could be longer, like the Dawson Posilock IDPA for Gen 1. Hoping Dawson starts releasing those parts.

As I learn, there seems to be value in using the heaviest recoil spring available for reliability. I read that the STI rep Buck (and Panone) use the orange spring for everything and its something I will try in the short future.

Only real gripe, and this is really a software issue, is that I struggle with the thick front sight post at 25 yards. This is 6 rounds of Blazer Brass 124gr at 25yards, offhand. Only 6 rounds I shot at 25 yesterday. I can't explain why I shot right for this group. In general, my groups are centered but maybe 1.5" low at 10-15 yards. I am going to shoot another month and then see if I want to mess with the front sight.

Last edited by rayrevolver; 05-25-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Do we change the name of the thread or start a new one?

Press Release: STI Firearms, LLC Announces Company Name Change to Staccato

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Tuesday, May 26, 2020

STI Firearms, LLC Announces Company Name Change to Staccato
    Building on the success of the Staccato line of pistols, STI rebrands company name

Georgetown, TX: STI Firearms, LLC, inventors of the 2011® – The World’s Best Shooting Handgun, announced today that the company will begin operating as Staccato, effective immediately. The Staccato brand was introduced to the market in 2019 as the company’s new brand for duty and personal defense-oriented pistols. Incredibly well received by consumers and professionals alike, the Staccato brand reflects the company’s vision for the future.

“We are honored that thousands of law enforcement officers across the country trust and carry our Staccato pistols both on and off-duty – these brave men and women put their lives in danger on a daily basis, protecting our freedoms,” said Marine Corps veteran Nate Horvath, CEO, Staccato. “Because Staccato pistols are duty proven, reliable, durable, and easy to shoot well, they are a great choice for shooters of all skill levels. Whether your needs are duty, home defense, CCW, or just hitting the target every time at the range, our pistols will increase your confidence and help you improve.”

The company’s ownership and staff have not changed. For additional information about the name change to Staccato, tune in to a Facebook Live chat on Thursday, May 28th. Chief Experience Officer, Tony Pignato (US Army 1SG ret), will discuss the name change and field live questions.

About Staccato:
    Twenty-five years ago, STI revolutionized competition shooting by bringing the world a whole new gun platform, the 2011®. Built with FlaTec™, the 2011® is the best shooting handgun available and the choice of champions who have won thousands of competitions. Today, STI’s Staccato handguns are the pistol of choice for elite law enforcement and military teams like the U.S. Marshall’s SOG team, as well as personal defense practitioners, home defenders, and recreational shooters. Customers choose Staccato handguns for their proven reliability, durability, accuracy, and shootability. With a lifetime owner warranty, Staccato handguns are designed, engineered, and crafted in the heart of Texas, built with American steel and parts.

As an American firearms manufacturer, STI is proud that over 25% of its team members are veterans and 100% are patriots.

Kristin Marlow
    Staccato
    Kristin.Marlow@staccato2011.com
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    The range opened up so I can finally start shooting again. I suppose I am still in the honeymoon phase with this 2019 Staccato P. There is lots to like/love/learn with these 2011 platforms. I need to make 2020 the year I take another pistol class to really run this thing hard.

Like most have stated, its very soft and flat shooting. Shooting it back-to-back with a Gen 3 G19 (Holoson direct mounted) really showed how much flip the Glock has. I wish I had a DUO model, but that can fixed down the road with a trip to a place like Vulcan Machining.

884 rounds so far and I am getting used to operating the safety coming out of the holster and used to the grip in general. I was used to really cramming the web of my hand into the back strap of Glocks (like choking the grip) but with the 2011 I felt those edges in the grip that cover the trigger bow. It reared its head once I started getting over 150 rounds in a session. Now I squeeze more using my palm and 2 middle fingers and I don't feel those ridges at all. A Glock 26 is really where I started on this journey, so maybe that choking grip came from that experience?

I picked up 2x 20rd teflon mags and they malfunctioned. An email to STI and they had replacements in the mail in 3 days. I will NOT mess with mags, no tuning or new springs etc. At least while this is a new-ish pistol, I will use the STI warranty and get new mags if they are not up to snuff. If I had to guess, the feed lips were parallel and did not open up towards the muzzle. Hoping this was a QC thing or bad batch. I ordered a few more mags to compliment my 5 mags that have been 100% with all my ammo.

I don't duty or carry. But with my good mags I would have no issue carrying or using this for HD at this time. I was drawn to the STI for the shooting experience and so far, it has been worth it. Honeymoon and all!

The Gen 2 grip has grown on me as I get more used to operating this pistol. The mag release could be longer, like the Dawson Posilock IDPA for Gen 1. Hoping Dawson starts releasing those parts.

As I learn, there seems to be value in using the heaviest recoil spring available for reliability. I read that the STI rep Buck (and Panone) use the orange spring for everything and its something I will try in the short future.

Only real gripe, and this is really a software issue, is that I struggle with the thick front sight post at 25 yards. This is 6 rounds of Blazer Brass 124gr at 25yards, offhand. Only 6 rounds I shot at 25 yesterday. I can't explain why I shot right for this group. In general, my groups are centered but maybe 1.5" low at 10-15 yards. I am going to shoot another month and then see if I want to mess with the front sight.

FWIW, when I started to re-learn the 1911 after 20 or so years almost all Glock, I saw some of that; sudden shift of hits to the right. Kevin B cautioned me that if I gripped too loose my hits could shift right (I'm right handed). I found that to be valid and easily fixed.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter

New Staccato 6390 ALS duty holster

The new holster arrived today. It looks like they redesigned the ALS button so it no longer straddles the channel, but sits on the outside, which makes for an easier press of the als button. However, due to its shape, the NUB mod no longer fits. I ordered the one for the surefire X300 but the Streamlight TLR-1HL also fits. The holster also feels like it is actually molded, something I have never had before with even Glock or 1911 holsters that safariland has made previously. There is no play in the holster when the gun is locked in place.

Overall this has to be the best fitting safariland holster out there. I am very pleased with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Do we change the name of the thread or start a new one?

Press Release: STI Firearms, LLC Announces Company Name Change to Staccato

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Tuesday, May 26, 2020

STI Firearms, LLC Announces Company Name Change to Staccato
    Building on the success of the Staccato line of pistols, STI rebrands company name

Georgetown, TX: STI Firearms, LLC, inventors of the 2011® – The World’s Best Shooting Handgun, announced today that the company will begin operating as Staccato, effective immediately. The Staccato brand was introduced to the market in 2019 as the company’s new brand for duty and personal defense-oriented pistols. Incredibly well received by consumers and professionals alike, the Staccato brand reflects the company’s vision for the future.

“We are honored that thousands of law enforcement officers across the country trust and carry our Staccato pistols both on and off-duty – these brave men and women put their lives in danger on a daily basis, protecting our freedoms,” said Marine Corps veteran Nate Horvath, CEO, Staccato. “Because Staccato pistols are duty proven, reliable, durable, and easy to shoot well, they are a great choice for shooters of all skill levels. Whether your needs are duty, home defense, CCW, or just hitting the target every time at the range, our pistols will increase your confidence and help you improve.”

The company’s ownership and staff have not changed. For additional information about the name change to Staccato, tune in to a Facebook Live chat on Thursday, May 28th. Chief Experience Officer, Tony Pignato (US Army 1SG ret), will discuss the name change and field live questions.

About Staccato:
    Twenty-five years ago, STI revolutionized competition shooting by bringing the world a whole new gun platform, the 2011®. Built with FlaTec™, the 2011® is the best shooting handgun available and the choice of champions who have won thousands of competitions. Today, STI’s Staccato handguns are the pistol of choice for elite law enforcement and military teams like the U.S. Marshall’s SOG team, as well as personal defense practitioners, home defenders, and recreational shooters. Customers choose Staccato handguns for their proven reliability, durability, accuracy, and shootability. With a lifetime owner warranty, Staccato handguns are designed, engineered, and crafted in the heart of Texas, built with American steel and parts.

As an American firearms manufacturer, STI is proud that over 25% of its team members are veterans and 100% are patriots.

Kristin Marlow
    Staccato
    Kristin.Marlow@staccato2011.com
    Apparently the STI name has entered the witness protection program. Staccato sounds like a good name for someone that splits fast but can’t transition. Next marketing move is surely to name BJ Baldwin as a brand ambassador.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List