Page 119 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1199

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    That and a tangential personal connection with STI are why I want a 5" single stack like a Duty One or maybe a Trojan.
    My 9mm Trojan would not feed from dropping the slide stop, EVER. The part of the slide that picked up the round was beveled. So, it would hit the round even higher than normal. This would cause severe nose diving. It was a known issue, and a well-known gun Smith told me they have a fix where they weld and re-cut the slide so that it is square. I’m not sure if they were all made like that, mine was an earlier model.

Site Supporter
    I have a 5 inch duty one and it doesn't have that issue at all. The only real "issue" was it only worked with metalform mags. It feels oddly heavy when compared to my staccato though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    My 9mm Trojan would not feed from dropping the slide stop, EVER. The part of the slide that picked up the round was beveled. So, it would hit the round even higher than normal. This would cause severe nose diving. It was a known issue, and a well-known gun Smith told me they have a fix where they weld and re-cut the slide so that it is square. I’m not sure if they were all made like that, mine was an earlier model.

I have a 2021 C2. Came with the 3 mags. Nothing stamped on them. Assuming they are Gen 2 mags. Well I ordered a couple more and the mag bodies are stamped G3 and the base pads are different.

When did Staccato switch to G3 mags and what’s the difference?

I’ve not had a single malfunction with my C2 and the mags that came with it and I’ve never cleaned the gun. Just add oil occasionally.

Staccato C - first observations

I've been shooting full-size 9mm 1911s for several years with well over 100K rounds practicing for and competing in Steel Challenge. I'd wanted a light-weight commander for concealed carry for some time, but that was a no-go in CA being non-LEO. I have a few observations and looking for inputs to address a few minor areas.
    1. Thumb safety - the configuration is pretty typical, but I find it almost impossible to get my thumbs together without either really breaking my r/h thumb or putting my r/h thumb under the safety. Fix is easy: the same Harrison Designs Extreme Duty thumb safety I have on my other 1911s. Anyone else found the safety to be a bit awkward.
    2. Grip - Flatter sides than a standard 1911 grip, but generally ok for my L-size hands. Fixing the safety will eliminate having the web of my r/h jammed up into the beavertail. I do think some grip tape might be in order just to decrease the circumference slightly. Someone does need to come up with a 10 round mag that fills the gap; that would be sweet.
    3. Trigger - a bit heavier than I expected at just over 4.5 lbs, but that's easily addressed. I'm going to leave it alone until I get 400-500 rounds through the gun. What have others seen for TPW out of the box?
    4. Disassembly - not an issue and can be performed without the magic plastic tool

For comparison I do have a 3" Springfield EMP in 9mm. The EMP has a bit of snap with SD loads, but changing out the grips for a set of Office-size Pachmayr grips made a big difference in recoil control.

I like my HKs (P2000,P30SK) with LEM, but all my training rounds are with 1911 platforms thus the change.

Staccato C - first observations

duplicate
    Last edited by rdtompki; 08-03-2021 at 09:28 PM. Reason: dup

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    I got a call that our local shop has a Staccato P DPO in stock. I'm trying to resist!

Side note: I noticed that Dawson no longer offers the Acro plate for the Staccato. When I inquired if that was true, they simply said that they were no longer offered. They didn't give details on why, etc. That leaves you with CHPWS if you want to run an ACRO. I believe their plates require a new front site, and I am still at cautiously optimistic that their QC issues will be resolved.
    Dawson's website has them in stock: https://dawsonprecision.com/dpo-refl...son-precision/

Local shop got in a C and a P. I’d already handled the C so I decided I wanted to see the P. Felt decent. Nothing to complain about. The one thing I noticed was it had 10rd mags. I had no idea they made them. They’re not even on their site
    Any experience with the 10rd P mags?
    Have the staccatos been running well with the regular mags lately for most ppl?

My buddy just got sponsored by Atlas. 2 guns in .40. Trigger was nice. Super grippy. Beaver tail wasn’t a safety.

Mike Pannone blazing with a compensated C2

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXcBV_M..._web_copy_link
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Because the metal frame insert is designed to use 1911 slides. That means the magazines have to start tapering further down than most double stack magazines and be true single stack size at the feed lips.

Attachment 74161

Note how much longer the tapered area is on this stacatto mag vs a Beretta or Sig magazine.
    Why did STI choose this mag design? The original Para-Ordnance mags and several other competiton mags transition to single stack much higher, and with much more abrupt taper angle, thus allowing higher capacity in the same length. And they worked just fine, specially in 9 mm/38 and 40.

Stacatto P 4.15 in

Just picked up a new to me (less than 400 rds) Stacatto p 4.15 in barrel version. Coming from a glock for years first impressions,_Man this thing is heavy. The trigger is nice. Very smooth slide. I got X10 factory mags with it. Looking forward to shooting it, that will tell if i keep it or get rid of it.
    First pistol with magwell.

Wish it had an optic cut.

Normally a stryker fired person but deal was too good to pass up.

Who makes holsters for this model if i decide to keep it.

User Tag List