Page 63 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

It’s here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Related -

I’m now lever gun sized.....30/30 2011, weapon light and spare mag still fit. Shrinking fast 😢

Attachment 49586
    In my entire life (71 years) I was never that skinny. I don't think my leg was ever that skinny. (LOL)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    It’s here.

Wow!!! I love my Staccato C, But that really does it for me........................

Picked it up Friday and finally to the range today for a quick session. Only shot 150 rounds but no issues with 3x 17rd mags and 1x 20rd mag.

It was a great to shoot. Without a doubt the smoothest ammo I had was the LAX 135gr HP subsonic. It was something I bought to shoot in a suppressed PCC and it was fantastic in this 2019 Staccato P. It was very soft and slow but it *almost* felt like I needed a new recoil spring, where you kinda feel the gun go into battery pretty late in the shooting cycle... know what I mean?

Now LAX has a 135gr FMJ which is cheaper so I am going to get a case of that. This uses the older Recoil Master and my plan will be to shoot to 5000 rounds first. Then I can decide on a cheap replacement spring or the new Dawson tool-less recoil setup for $70.

I shot a box of Blazer Brass 124gr and Lawman 147gr as well.

The only complaints: First I am so used to Glock that I could not find a good grip with both my hands. I felt like I was rotating my strong hand to reach the trigger and my weak hand was not solid. I need to spend time tonight and during the week to figure this out before my next live fire session. Also need to find a mag release that I can use without major hand movement. Do these exist with the Gen 2 grip?

Second, I need to get used to the sights. I had 1 disaster at 25 yards today, ~5". The target was shot up and I was aiming for a shoulder. Man, I sound like my teenager with these excuses! Regardless I like U notches and the Ameriglo Agents on my G34 are what I would like to replicate on this thing. I did buy the 10-8 prototype rear that I could fit down the road.

Hope to get to an IDPA or IPSC match within the month!

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Picked it up Friday and finally to the range today for a quick session. Only shot 150 rounds but no issues with 3x 17rd mags and 1x 20rd mag.

It was a great to shoot. Without a doubt the smoothest ammo I had was the LAX 135gr HP subsonic. It was something I bought to shoot in a suppressed PCC and it was fantastic in this 2019 Staccato P. It was very soft and slow but it *almost* felt like I needed a new recoil spring, where you kinda feel the gun go into battery pretty late in the shooting cycle... know what I mean?

Now LAX has a 135gr FMJ which is cheaper so I am going to get a case of that. This uses the older Recoil Master and my plan will be to shoot to 5000 rounds first. Then I can decide on a cheap replacement spring or the new Dawson tool-less recoil setup for $70.

I shot a box of Blazer Brass 124gr and Lawman 147gr as well.

The only complaints: First I am so used to Glock that I could not find a good grip with both my hands. I felt like I was rotating my strong hand to reach the trigger and my weak hand was not solid. I need to spend time tonight and during the week to figure this out before my next live fire session. Also need to find a mag release that I can use without major hand movement. Do these exist with the Gen 2 grip?

Second, I need to get used to the sights. I had 1 disaster at 25 yards today, ~5". The target was shot up and I was aiming for a shoulder. Man, I sound like my teenager with these excuses! Regardless I like U notches and the Ameriglo Agents on my G34 are what I would like to replicate on this thing. I did buy the 10-8 prototype rear that I could fit down the road.

Hope to get to an IDPA or IPSC match within the month!

Re. the Dawson tool-less GR, I bought & installed mine before the 1st rd. down range & glad I spent the coin, much easier w/ slide removal but you already know that.

Re. an extended mag. release button I spoke w/ Dawson sev. weeks ago, they said Dave will be offering one but it's not a high priority @ this time so I'm hopeful for something later this yr for us w/ gen 2 grip assemblies.

Re. ammo I've only shot 115gr. Fiocchi in my 4.15 DUO-P before yesterday but shot an all classifier USPSA w/ some 148gr. Angel Fire subs & suffice to say I'm GLAD I bought 2K of that for match use.

Federal syntech 150gr shoots softest in non comped Guns imo
    Name:  218E5440-BDE5-4294-852A-0EB1895D1C1C.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  48.7 KB

Thx for the Syntech tip Duke, will try it next after I burn thru the AF & trying to get some fam fire time w/ a buds DVC P as the Stacatto XC is LOUDLY calling my name now.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Thx for the Syntech tip Duke, will try it next after I burn thru the AF & trying to get some fam fire time w/ a buds DVC P as the Stacatto XC is LOUDLY calling my name now.
    Get it.

The dvc p is magic.

Teach me about STI guns

Anyone know why STI omitted the DLC coating from the 2020 Staccato P barrel? Not complaining, just curious.

User Tag List