Thread: FN 502 22 lr optics ready...

FN 502 22 lr optics ready...

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    I’m a big fan of .22LR understudy guns. I agree, this one could be a great time.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I think this would be a blast. And am hoping this leads to a future hammer fired center fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made by umarex. Not a good sign

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'll be really impressed they can get them to reliably run with a slide mounted optic.
    David S.

I might have to take a look at this. My S&W M&P .22 (the original one made by Walther) had a small piece of the frame break off. Not sure when, as I only discovered it the last time I cleaned it. Gun still functions fine. (Sent an email to S&W, and they said I should contact Walther.

Given that it's had umpteen thousand rounds through it, I'm not too disappointed.

But the reason I responded was intended to be that I have an RMR on this, and it runs fine with both HV and standard velocity ammo. Mark Housel did it years ago, and even the vicious recoil of high velocity .22 hasn't sheared a screw.

I'm struggling to understand why FN went through all the effort to make a 22LR look like a 509, only to make it external hammer? Maybe it was the only way to make the action work correctly with the added weight of an RDS. Kind of makes me think it was in development during the FNX era, but wasn't ready in time to release before the introduction of the 509. Since the 509 was so much more popular than the FNX, FN reformatted the gun a-la 509.

While the M&P-22 is reduced in size, in my opinion, its a better trainer to a centerfire M&P. Outwardly, it is functionally the same. It has the same hinged trigger, and the thumb safety is in the same location. The 502 may look the same as a 509, but the manual of arms departs from the original. My Glock and CZ Kadet 22LR conversions I find more preferable. The Advantage Arms conversion just drops on a Glock slide, and keeps the controls identical. The CZ Kadet models even let me train my DA/SA transitions. The decocker is still fully functional.

Don't read me wrong, I think the 502 is cool. But I think it's less than optimal as a 22LR trainer for a 509 that FN advertises on their website.

Optic ready 502?

I received the FN 502 as Christmas present. I had a very good feeling that I would be getting this pistol for Christmas so I had a spare Holosun 507 ready to mount on same. After some initial mounting issues I was able to identify the correct screws to use and so far the optic is sill secured to the slide. The only issue I have seen is the gun shoots very inconsistent with the optic. I did not have any issues with the optic on a full size 9mm handgun so I don't think its the optic. Anyone have any issues like this?

User Tag List