Page 101 of 120 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1199

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Apparently the STI name has entered the witness protection program. Staccato sounds like a good name for someone that splits fast but can’t transition. Next marketing move is surely to name BJ Baldwin as a brand ambassador.
    So tiring.

Like 2 months ago they changed from Sti to “2011 Firearms”

I used different names and addresses way back in the day too...

When my buddies and I were slaying herds of vaj and operated under the cloak of confusion.

We even traded cars for the week and such.

Wait for their newest pistol: the Staccato Precious P.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    The new holster arrived today. It looks like they redesigned the ALS button so it no longer straddles the channel, but sits on the outside, which makes for an easier press of the als button. However, due to its shape, the NUB mod no longer fits. I ordered the one for the surefire X300 but the Streamlight TLR-1HL also fits. The holster also feels like it is actually molded, something I have never had before with even Glock or 1911 holsters that safariland has made previously. There is no play in the holster when the gun is locked in place.

Overall this has to be the best fitting safariland holster out there. I am very pleased with it.
    where did you order your 6390?

thanks

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
    where did you order your 6390?

thanks
    Copquest.com as mentioned above.
    Last edited by rathos; 05-27-2020 at 01:17 AM.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I'm thinking of picking up a C2 DUO. Does anyone know if / to-what-extent the P-1 will co-witness with their sights? The DUO Tactical has the footprint for an RMR, but I'm a little confused if the P-1 would co-witness after adding the necessary adapter.

I contacted their customer service today, who were very prompt to respond, but weren't sure about the P-1.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Let’s ask @Sidheshooter if staccato is the term you actually want associated with a gun you’re supposed to shoot fast. Like it’s supposed to be nearly full cyclic fast and staccato doesn’t mean, “Continuous blended notes that flow from one to another with melodic ease.”

It’s almost like someone thought it sounded cool...but didn’t bother to look it up...

It reminds me of that great ‘90s Nickelodeon cartoon, Hey Arnold, where the beloved superhero the kids love is called The Abdicator. - https://heyarnold.fandom.com/wiki/Eugene_Goes_Bad - I was almost 12 when that episode came out and I remember it, vividly for the lesson it taught...Don’t just use a word because it sounds cool (it was pointed out in the episode what abdication means).

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Let’s ask @Sidheshooter if staccato is the term you actually want associated with a gun you’re supposed to shoot fast. Like it’s supposed to be nearly full cyclic fast and staccato doesn’t mean, “Continuous blended notes that flow from one to another with melodic ease.”

It’s almost like someone thought it sounded cool...but didn’t bother to look it up...

It reminds me of that great ‘90s Nickelodeon cartoon, Hey Arnold, where the beloved superhero the kids love is called The Abdicator. - https://heyarnold.fandom.com/wiki/Eugene_Goes_Bad - I was almost 12 when that episode came out and I remember it, vividly for the lesson it taught...Don’t just use a word because it sounds cool (it was pointed out in the episode what abdication means).
    It’s true; if you wanted to imply that Dillon Aero minigun cyclic rate, the STI Legato would probably make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

Dude, you are so wrong on this. Staccato is absolutely used to describe gunfire in literature and it fits. Its the separate and short sounds that can be fast... kinda like listening to downtown Chicago most nights. Not even a Grand Master shooting sounds like a continuous mini-gun.

http://chpws.com/product/sti-duo-low...-adapter-plate

This plate looks cool and it kills me that I don't have a DUO. Its thinner, comes with a 10-8 rear U-Notch, and lower co-witness. If CHPWS can make a package to include milling non-DUO guns that would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Dude, you are so wrong on this. Staccato is absolutely used to describe gunfire in literature and it fits. Its the separate and short sounds that can be fast... kinda like listening to downtown Chicago most nights. Not even a Grand Master shooting sounds like a continuous mini-gun.

http://chpws.com/product/sti-duo-low...-adapter-plate

This plate looks cool and it kills me that I don't have a DUO. Its thinner, comes with a 10-8 rear U-Notch, and lower co-witness. If CHPWS can make a package to include milling non-DUO guns that would be fantastic.
    I'm fairly certain they have developed a plate and milling service for non-Duo guns. I think I saw it on their social media or maybe here.

Reach out to Buck or call the shop.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Yea it fits well then. Downtown Chicago most nights is deserted and there is no gunfire. Given @Duke's experience with the latest STI...err...2011 Guns...err...Staccato guns...silence seems like it would be the appropriate term.

Staccato has been used to describe gunfire, but it's not really the term I'd use to describe a gun company. Anyways, doesn't much matter to me, they will always be STI.

User Tag List