Page 12 of 120 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Agreed. Thanks for the responses and pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Pierson said they have also made a carry version of the same pistol that was non-optic bearing, by request. “So basically, we took a Staccato P and we put a shorter carry grip on it,” he said.
    Doesn't say they removed the mag well, it says they put a shorter carry grip on.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Yes so just to clarify, taking the mag well off a regular stac p grip will not give you the same grip as the VIP, carry, or the staccato version pictured as an alternate SOG model. The real pain is STI wont sell you that grip. You have to go talk the guys at Extreme Shooters out of one.

10-8 Performance Lab, Episode 5: STI Staccato P 2011, First Impressions

I have limited experience with STI. At one of my first unsanctioned steel challenge matches I ran 1 magazine through a DVC Limited, with a home brewed 147grain load.

To date, I've never had my sights move like that. When they came back from recoil they were where I wanted to shoot next with out me consciously trying to put them there. Regardless if it was the same target or a transition to a new one. The recoil was super tame with the 147grain, the grip locked up solid, and the trigger made the whole affair pretty simple. If the reliability of the 2011s is where it needs to be, I would encourage switched on folks to use them for carry or duty. The caveat would of course be that by "switched on" on mean folks who will practice safe holstering, and take the time to clean and inspect it on a regular basis. I don't think the platform will stand up to neglect as well as a Glock.

In today's world, with 92s, Glocks, and 1911s there are a lot of solid choices for selecting a defensive firearm.

-Cory

I am very impressed with everything I have heard on the Staccato line. Price is up there, but for what you get it seems worth it. The P looks like a badass setup and you can have it optics ready. The C is nice too for a single stack. I hope they build a C with the double stack frame. Basically end up with a lesser expensive EDC-9. I hope these keep gaining traction and turn out to be a legitimate choice for carry and duty.

I like that there are options out there in the 1911/2011 world that are being built for ccw and duty purposes. Not just some 600$ project gun. I love the 1911 and the more properly built pistols that are out there will hopefully force other companies to build them with a purpose and not have a 3500$ price tag on every pistol. Just this dudes opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

staccato C

I have had this on order, for a couple of weeks. I have ONLY had a chance to shoot 150 rds through it. I got ate up at the farm with ticks, so I had to cut it short.
    My initial impressions- Pros
    I really like it. The recoil is not much at all, and it tracks very fast. Follow up shots are quick. The sights are well thought out, I like a blacked out rear and something that stands out up front. The red fiber stands out. The pistol ate a mix of 124 +p HST, Fiochhi 115 and 124, S&B 115 and some Winchester Nato. Ate all of it, no hiccups. Works well with Wilson Compact mags, in fact that will be what is bought for it here on out. The Wilson mags allow a full 8 rds plus one in the chamber.

Cons
    I loaded a lot of 8 rd magazines. You can shoot a mag quick. So you need a lot of them to spend at a range for an extended time. I guess that is why I have so many 47D mags for my fullsize 1911s.
    I like the grip, but I would like it to be a little more aggressive. the recessed area under the trigger is nice, but I would like it to be stippled. Also, the main spring housing on the bottom rounded edge needs something. It feels a little slick.
    The factory mags do not allow 8+1, a full mag would not seat for me with one in the chamber already. So that is why I will be only picking up the Wilson Mags from here on out.

Overall- i really like it. It could be a nice carry gun if someone is ok with the limited capacity. It is slim and will conceal well.

It comes with a IWB holster, it requires adjusting before you use it. So I had an extra pad from JM Custom Kydex, and loops that I had removed from another JM holster. Those went on the holster to make it a little better for use. I am looking for a holster for it, and they are hard to find, right now.
    But I like it, it could be something others might be interested in.
    like I said I only put 150 through it, so I will be putting alot more through it and will get back to let everyone know if there is any problem.
    Name:  IMG_5232.jpg
Views: 2044
Size:  67.0 KB

Name:  IMG_5233.jpg
Views: 1187
Size:  60.6 KB

Name:  IMG_5234.jpg
Views: 1416
Size:  57.6 KB
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 09-15-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Site Supporter

Staccato C

The Staccato C, I love that little pistol. I have about 5k through mine with no issues. The magazine release shelf was long (they may have rectified it in current production as others have posted about the same issue) and would only seat the STI magazines. I had to remove the mag release and take some metal off of the shelf to get it to work with the Wilson's and CMC magazine supply I had. Took all of ten minutes; go slow and test fit a few file strokes at a time if yours needs fitting (STI will do it for you too, but I didn't want to send it back, too busy having fun with mine and too cheap to buy a bunch of new $50 STI mags-- they're more expensive than the 2011 mags!)

Quote Originally Posted by banzaijohn View Post
    The Staccato C, I love that little pistol. I have about 5k through mine with no issues. The magazine release shelf was long (they may have rectified it in current production as others have posted about the same issue) and would only seat the STI magazines. I had to remove the mag release and take some metal off of the shelf to get it to work with the Wilson's and CMC magazine supply I had. Took all of ten minutes; go slow and test fit a few file strokes at a time if yours needs fitting (STI will do it for you too, but I didn't want to send it back, too busy having fun with mine and too cheap to buy a bunch of new $50 STI mags-- they're more expensive than the 2011 mags!)
    The Wilson's worked right out of the box for me, so they might have fixed the issue. They are also a little cheaper than the STI mags. I definitely need more magazines, 8 rds goes fast.

The mag release issue I had saw on all the reviews, but I think it just needs a little use and it becomes a little better. It could be a simple swap as well. I think a regular wilson mag release might fit in it also.

Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    And the follow up. I enjoyed both video's quite a bit.

"...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

User Tag List