Page 115 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1199

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

I had an EDC X9 (4") Blue Gun arrive, and have been handling it in comparison to my Staccato P(4.5") Yellow(?) Gun. The Staccato is, I think, intended more as a holster mold, so some of the fine details are not as refined as the Wilson.

The X9 seems like a substantially smaller gun in the hand, and without the hot spots of the beavertail/thumb safety of the Staccato. I do notice, however, the "ledge" in the right side grip with my index finger inner knuckle. The grip is just barely long enough for me get my strong hand on it without my pinky finger having to rest on the magazine.

The overall flatness of the 2011 grip is nice, but it's still a gun with a very large grip. Fine for the hand, but without appropriate holster to find out for sure, it seems as though the Wilson would be a bit easier to conceal.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

I ordered the DPO milling service along with a 509 plate and 509T optic. Turnaround time is 3 weeks. Much better than waiting 3-4 months for a new one from the factory.

I messed around with an X9 at a shop the other day. I'd never seen one locally. I liked it. I just don't know if I $2,895.00 liked it...

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I had an EDC X9 (4") Blue Gun arrive, and have been handling it in comparison to my Staccato P(4.5") Yellow(?) Gun. The Staccato is, I think, intended more as a holster mold, so some of the fine details are not as refined as the Wilson.

The X9 seems like a substantially smaller gun in the hand, and without the hot spots of the beavertail/thumb safety of the Staccato. I do notice, however, the "ledge" in the right side grip with my index finger inner knuckle. The grip is just barely long enough for me get my strong hand on it without my pinky finger having to rest on the magazine.

The overall flatness of the 2011 grip is nice, but it's still a gun with a very large grip. Fine for the hand, but without appropriate holster to find out for sure, it seems as though the Wilson would be a bit easier to conceal.

That is the question that matters!

My gunsmith indicates he's working on my thumb safety G19s, and I just have to sit on my hands and see how it goes. If it succeeds, life is simple. If not..
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post

Having shot the X9 and owning a Stacatto P Duo I’ve experienced no “hot spots” on the actual stacatto and the more appropriate comparison to the EDC X9 is the Stacatto C2 not the P. The P is a duty gun not an EDC CCW gun.

Blue guns and particularly holster molds are of limited value for such comparisons.

My chief complaint about the current Stacatto grip is the lack of texture. It is slicker than it looks and needs either grip tape or stippling.

Thumbs up

I have a maybe weird question. I have this new C2. Shot it once and love it. It’s like a high performance Glock 19. I’m sending it to Staccato for some milling and a Holosun 509 and was wondering if this is something I should have them look at? Might be a complete non-issue but just something I noticed.

The barrel isn’t completely flush. These 2021 guns have flush fit barrels and this one seems to be canted down slightly. It’s hard to pick up in pictures. Much easier to see with the naked eye but is this normal for now 1911/2011 barrels lock up? It’s slight but it’s there and am more curious than anything.

Name:  CAACD6F1-B30F-4143-8160-10C60ACEAB0E.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  27.1 KB
    Name:  54F3D9DF-35D1-4620-AC51-21C05094DD34.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  18.0 KB
    Last edited by pew_pew; 06-11-2021 at 10:09 AM.

Staccato Barrel fit

Congratulations on the new addition - Looks similar to my C - about 2mm protrusion - don't know how to add attachment with picture

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    I have a maybe weird question. I have this new C2. Shot it once and love it. It’s like a high performance Glock 19. I’m sending it to Staccato for some milling and a Holosun 509 and was wondering if this is something I should have them look at? Might be a complete non-issue but just something I noticed.

The barrel isn’t completely flush. These 2021 guns have flush fit barrels and this one seems to be canted down slightly. It’s hard to pick up in pictures. Much easier to see with the naked eye but is this normal for now 1911/2011 barrels lock up? It’s slight but it’s there and am more curious than anything.

Name:  CAACD6F1-B30F-4143-8160-10C60ACEAB0E.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  27.1 KB
    Name:  54F3D9DF-35D1-4620-AC51-21C05094DD34.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  18.0 KB
    The way the 1911 or 2011 barrels lock up are that they are actually at a slight angle downwards in full lockup, that much is normal. When going for the flush cut and crowned look some gunsmiths will actually face off the front of the barrel bushing or slide at a matching angle, or they will face off the barrel so the crown is in the same plane as the front of the slide. I would not expect either to be done on a factory gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    The way the 1911 or 2011 barrels lock up are that they are actually at a slight angle downwards in full lockup, that much is normal. When going for the flush cut and crowned look some gunsmiths will actually face off the front of the barrel bushing or slide at a matching angle, or they will face off the barrel so the crown is in the same plane as the front of the slide. I would not expect either to be done on a factory gun.
    I have Staccatos with barrels and guide rods that we’re proud of the slide that I had Ace Custom Machining cut flush and recrown at 45 degrees. He does stellar work with quick turnaround. His website is www.flushandcrown.com Name:  4E66659E-6935-4D9D-989D-0B1C3824FA46.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  45.5 KB

The lockup angle is around one degree down.

There was a thread about how to get a bull barrel with the stylish wok crown to look best.
    I think it would be by assembling the upper, and facing off barrel, slide, recoil spring plug, and tip of FLGR together, dead flat perpendicular to the bore. Then crown and holster bevel evenly. That will put the front end of the gun about 89 deg, hard to see with the naked eye because everything will be in the same plane.

But on a factory gun, it is not reasonable to expect, kind of like the whingeing about Wilson ball cuts not aligning with the dust cover.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List