Page 36 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Yeah....that's 1/2 the value of my car just for the pistol, so I'll have to pass on that one

Staccato P is probably going to be the route, and later in life look at what you're talking about.
    Right.

I’m about $7500 into the journey with just this 2011.

But it’s the first gun I’ve been excited about in a long time.

I got the DVC-P and RmR 06....which wasn’t terrible but ....then things got spendy.

I bought 20 126mm mags at $55 each average. $12 plus power springs for each of them. $300 on Wilson parts. $300 for a local Smith to put them in. A Second original plastic STI grip for $150. X-line vario Trigger/Dawson magloc and spare parts for $300. New kydex for $180. Just ordered a Phoenix trinity Evo Aluminum grip ($600)

And I’ve got 3500 rounds fired in the last 31 days. Fuck me dead
    Last edited by Duke; 11-05-2019 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Right.

I got the DVC-P and RmR 06....which wasn’t terrible but ....then things got spendy.

I bought 20 126mm mags at $55 each average. $12 plus power springs for each of them. $300 on Wilson parts. $300 for a local Smith to put them in. A Second original plastic STI grip for $150. X-line vario Trigger/Dawson magloc and spare parts for $300. New kydex for $180. Just ordered a Phoenix trinity Evo Aluminum grip ($600)

Yes, I will be ordering a DVC-P but I want the new grip module, thinner optic plate, and lower sights. Then it will be off to A.J. Zito for some trigger work to increase the pre-travel and weight slightly for carry. Ordered 5 magazines already and will be ordering more soon. Looking forward to trying a red dot for my old eyes and the 2011 shootability. I both thank you and hate you Duke, LoL

Site Supporter
    This thread is starting to sound like a Porsche 911 thread. You want one but they sure are expensive. At least I can afford a staccato. The 911 is not happening

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Right.

Just curious, why the aluminum grip? Do you think you'll like the shape better than the plastic?

I love Phoenix Trinity's Evo steel grips (and similar) on my competition guns, because I like those heavy...
    Last edited by jbrimlow; 11-07-2019 at 04:10 PM. Reason: add clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag View Post
    Yes, I will be ordering a DVC-P but I want the new grip module, thinner optic plate, and lower sights. Then it will be off to A.J. Zito for some trigger work to increase the pre-travel and weight slightly for carry. Ordered 5 magazines already and will be ordering more soon. Looking forward to trying a red dot for my old eyes and the 2011 shootability. I both thank you and hate you Duke, LoL
    Bbag you mind updating us when that DVC-P w/ the new grip module etc. is available FS?

Quote Originally Posted by jbrimlow View Post
    Just curious, why the aluminum grip? Do you think you'll like the shape better?

I love Phoenix Trinity's Evo steel grips (and similar) on my competition guns, because I like those heavy...
    Shape and fixed grip safety/beaver tail.

That and a plastic grip on a gun this costly seems odd. Ditto on the chambers units that use Sti lowers.

That's something that's really turned me off of the Chambers guns too. Those prices for a plastic grip? You can get an Atlas with a steel grip for that.

And yeah, the PT metal grip shape is way better.

Your journey is inspiring, but I'd probably get something like an Atlas Athena for carry, skip some of the intermediate work.

That's something that's really turned me off of the Chambers guns too. Those prices for a plastic grip? You can get an Atlas with a steel grip for that.

And yeah, the PT metal grip shape is way better.

Your journey is inspiring, but I'd probably get something like an Atlas Athena for carry, skip some of the intermediate work.
    That would have been a smarter path

Adam from atlas spent over an hour on phone with answering my stupid questions.

Great folks. He assures me the Athena with the 4.6” slide will shoot as flat as my dvc-p

Yeah, with the reduced slide weight and proper recoil spring weight, Athena'd be sweet. That one-port comp with regular loads on the DVC-P isn't gonna do a ton.

Now, a Chaos in 9 Major or .38 SC?
    Last edited by jbrimlow; 11-07-2019 at 04:19 PM.

Yeah, with the reduced slide weight and proper recoil spring weight, Athena'd be sweet. That one-port comp with regular loads on the DVC-P isn't gonna do a ton.

Now, a Chaos in 9 Major or .38 SC?
    Agree.

+p+ feels softer than training ammo at standard velocity. Same for federal syntech 150gr at 870FPs

Makes me wonder about the Erebus with the longer length/sight block/comp.

User Tag List