Page 50 of 120 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Site Supporter
    Went to a vet. range event locally last night, the range had a Staccato P available for rent, so I did. Sent some warm 124 grain pills down range, felt about the same as mild 124 grain out of my all-steel commander. Nice gun - practically though, I think a DUO C2 would be the cat's meow for me if the price is ever right.

Biggest thing for me was 'wait.....I haven't swapped mags yet? huh'
    Last edited by jeep45238; 12-07-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Some illustrations of the new models are floating around (below are at Rainier Arms).

Staccato R (5" single stack)

Staccato P (updated to 4.4" Barrel)

Staccato XL (5.4" barrel)

Staccato C2 (3.2" barrel)

Staccato XC

There are also duo models of the C2 and Staccato P.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    There’s also now a DUO version of the standard C

I'm wondering if the Staccato P 5" will no longer be offered? Perhaps the 4.45" replaces both the 4.15" and 5" models? If so, the 5" (P5?) will have been short lived indeed.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'm wondering if the Staccato P 5" will no longer be offered? Perhaps the 4.45" replaces both the 4.15" and 5" models? If so, the 5" (P5?) will have been short lived indeed.
    Yeah, I’m kind of lusting after that R, but I also want an R2 and both in DUO format.

I wish STI would use more understood terminology/ 5” Government; 4.25” Commander, 4.00”, 3.5” Officer.

That said, the XC looks super-tasty.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I wish STI would use more understood terminology/ 5” Government; 4.25” Commander, 4.00”, 3.5” Officer.

That said, the XC looks super-tasty.
    We dont make a commander sized gun.

Not sure what the R2 is.

We will not put the duo on the R.

The p5 was never a production model, never sold well within law enforcement. People just assumed since we made 100 of them that they were going into full production.

The 4.45 replaces the 4.15 this year.
    I’ll try means I’ll fail, you either can or can’t, and can’t never got anything done.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck8154 View Post
    Not sure what the R2 is.

We will not put the duo on the R.

The p5 was never a production model, never sold well within law enforcement. People just assumed since we made 100 of them that they were going into full production.
    R2 was my made up designation for a double stack 5” .45.

I think I remember you saying in 9mm in the P5, slide velocity was too low with the DUO + 9mm + 5” slide. Does this hold true for the R in .45?

If the C2 can be had as a non duo, how is it different than the C? Double stack?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    R2 was my made up designation for a double stack 5” .45.

I think I remember you saying in 9mm in the P5, slide velocity was too low with the DUO + 9mm + 5” slide. Does this hold true for the R in .45?
    We have never tested a optic on a 5” .45 as I only sold 11 guns in .45 to leo nationwide this year. 4 of those guns were to the same two officers.

The R was designed purely for uspsa and ipsc single stack divisions.
    I’ll try means I’ll fail, you either can or can’t, and can’t never got anything done.

User Tag List