Page 109 of 120 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1199

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Look's like Kyle Defoor is going to start running a pair of these. Interested to hear his thoughts on them.
    I was in the class with him last week. He shot lights out with the C2. Not surprising. I believe his best run was a 12 second Hat Qual in the mid 90s.

One of his biggest takeaways, apart from the accuracy, was that he didn't need to drive the gun in like he would with a Glock or Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    I was in the class with him last week. He shot lights out with the C2. Not surprising. I believe his best run was a 12 second Hat Qual in the mid 90s.

One of his biggest takeaways, apart from the accuracy, was that he didn't need to drive the gun in like he would with a Glock or Sig.
    Kyle's endorsement/approval of this platform is going to change a lot of people's minds on the duty-readiness of the Staccatos.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    and here's his initial thoughts after a few rds. down range.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHxdC7uF..._web_copy_link
    A synopsis perhaps, for those of us who've cured ourselves of such platforms?

After class last weekend, I decided I needed one of these. Ordered Sunday night from my hotel room on the way back from VA and it arrived today.

250 rounds today, no issues. It arrived at my dealer with one black 16 rounder and two stainless 17 round magazines. Best 10 round group standing offhand at 25y was a 98 with HST 147g.

I have a couple of Tenicor holsters coming for it and will add the duo model shortly as a n+1 and optic option.

Name:  IMG_0106.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  53.0 KBName:  62752758893__692C34AE-C30B-4D4B-B313-E4C49BE48AD3.jpg
Views: 900
Size:  79.6 KB

nice congrats! great shooting

Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by Controlledpairs2 View Post
    Kyle's endorsement/approval of this platform is going to change a lot of people's minds on the duty-readiness of the Staccatos.
    If the endorsement is based solely on the platform’s performance and has nothing to do with compensation etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Larry Sellers; 11-20-2020 at 09:52 PM.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    Especially if it’s based solely on the platform’s performance and has nothing to do with $$ compensation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not to speak for KD4 but he’s been pretty candid during post-shooting beers that after Blackwater, Tigerswan, and Alias he’s more than open to free shit (if it meets his standards) but won’t enter into any paperwork or contracts.

No to add to the rumor mill but 90% of Kyle’s schedule is closed military and government contracts and he’s pretty adamant about being to shoot what “the boys” shoot so I can’t help but wonder if those pistols are being adopting in the shadowy circles.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Not to speak for KD4 but he’s been pretty candid during post-shooting beers that after Blackwater, Tigerswan, and Alias he’s more than open to free shit (if it meets his standards) but won’t enter into any paperwork or contracts.

No to add to the rumor mill but 90% of Kyle’s schedule is closed military and government contracts and he’s pretty adamant about being to shoot what “the boys” shoot so I can’t help but wonder if those pistols are being adopting in the shadowy circles.
    Yep and that’s his prerogative.

I’m sure the folks at STI sought him out as there undoubtedly people who purchase any/all things KD4 “endorses”

By sending him 2 pistols they’re going to sell a ton based on his IG posts. Pretty good move on their part.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by Controlledpairs2 View Post
    @Duke 's experience was far more influential for me.

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    @Duke 's experience was far more influential for me.
    What’s sad is that

If Sti/staccato/2011 whoever pistols ever do *actually* become totally hard use duty rated -

No one will believe them because there is no improvement remaining they don’t already claim to have made.

User Tag List