Page 23 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Hammertime

Teach me about STI guns

I only have four EDC X9 magazines and I much preferred the grip on the Staccato. Less rounded, filled my hand better. It’s like a Glock versus P30. One rectangular, one oval. I prefer the rectangle.

I haven’t tried the large back strap for the EDC though.m

Triggers were equivalent.

I am a bit allergic to the stupid grip safety on the STI though.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 10-01-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Site Supporter
    Slight thread drift – I shot the EDC X9 this weekend for the first time. 50 rounds. While very accurate, the recoil impulse was not particularly mild. Certainly no less than a G19. OTOH, the Wilson CQB in 9mm was to die for. markedly less felt recoil and quite flat shooting. I acknowledge I am a 100 rd sample of 1.

I hope to shoot a USMS SOG STI gun before the end of the year. I suspect that it is the intersection of quality/value in the 2-3k range.
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 10-01-2019 at 10:10 PM.

The more I look at it the more the Staccato-C looks appealing. Being able to mount a light is a big win and change grip modules if need be. I imagine it’s a shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've not really been following the c but I think I recall reading you cannot change out the grip on the c.

@ anybody - I think I might have found a dumb question. I have minimal experience with short gripped 1911 pattern pistols. The Detonics was so so long ago. Can conventional 1911 mags like Wilson ETMs be used in a C the way we use a G17 mag in a 19 or 26 or is over-insertion in this design a thing?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    @ anybody - I think I might have found a dumb question. I have minimal experience with short gripped 1911 pattern pistols. The Detonics was so so long ago. Can conventional 1911 mags like Wilson ETMs be used in a C the way we use a G17 mag in a 19 or 26 or is over-insertion in this design a thing?
    @JHC
    Reply from @Nobody (me), i questioned the same thing, and the answers I got back were, yes, over-insertion can occur if you try to shove in a full size stick. Can even occur with the Wilson 9 rounder's. However, you can seat a fully loaded Wilson 8 rounder, vs the STI 8 rounders, which can sometimes be problematic if you pull it out to top it off.
    All the above was gleaned form 1911 addicts forum, which is very informative for STI gun info.

Not a deal breaker for me as I plan on running a topped off Wilson 8 rounder in the gun, an eight rounder on the belt, and of course, the ever present LCR in the front pocket, which I still do, even when carrying a Glock with a 17 rd mag.
    Cause reasons.
    Last edited by wvincent; 10-02-2019 at 10:33 AM.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Name:  999768F6-4F5B-415F-B64F-9919D8B88A91.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  59.6 KB
    What model is that sir?

Datejust?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Name:  999768F6-4F5B-415F-B64F-9919D8B88A91.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  59.6 KB
    Very nice. That's exactly what I've been eyeing up from STI.

User Tag List