Page 15 of 120 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Good data, sorry for the earlier discourtesy, please carry on.
    Hopefully I wasn’t too curt with my earlier post. I certainly am not putting down Glock, or any other quality striker fired pistol. Nor putting anyone down if that is their choice for duty or EDC. But I personally feel that I shoot at my best with less physical and mental effort with my 2011s. And, the staccato-p pistols I personally have are as reliable for me as anything else I have ever run. I have over 20k rounds through one and approaching 10k on the other so far.

And while I do compete, I wanted people to understand that competition is not my reference point for the discussion at hand. I also understand people’s concerns based on the competition pistols (and magazines) fielded before the current management at the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Since you threw this in...I would be very interested in why you feel this way?

Thanks
    The 1911/2011 operating mechanism is inherently more accurate, and the felt recoil IMHO is much less. The trigger doesn’t have a hinge point so it truly presses straight to the rear, with less takeup. I can run a polymer pistol as fast, but it takes more physical and mental effort to do so. Because it takes less cognitive “bandwidth” to run the gun, my incidence rate of error is less, especially under stress.

Once again, not knocking any other pistol. Or anyone else’s choice of carry.

Edit: forgot to address reliability. I have torture tested my two, with no issues despite hard use apart from ammo related, tuning one extractor north of 10k rounds, and an extremely dusty range gumming up one magazine. That same day on the range also affected a Wilson Combat Beretta mag, and an M&P mag.
    Last edited by Matt Little; 09-21-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Little View Post
    The 1911/2011 operating mechanism is inherently more accurate, and the felt recoil IMHO is much less. The trigger doesn’t have a hinge point so it truly presses straight to the rear, with less takeup. I can run a polymer pistol as fast, but it takes more physical and mental effort to do so. Because it takes less cognitive “bandwidth” to run the gun, my incidence rate of error is less, especially under stress.

Once again, not knocking any other pistol. Or anyone else’s choice of carry.
    I get it, just like to hear other's reasoning. Have you found they have to be "babied" or that maintenance / up-keep is a thing like some others claim?

I get it, just like to hear other's reasoning. Have you found they have to be "babied" or that maintenance / up-keep is a thing like some others claim?
    I haven’t babied mine at all. Quite the opposite. I edited my above post to include reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Little View Post
    I haven’t babied mine at all. Quite the opposite. I edited my above post to include reliability.
    Thanks. I like to see good folks succeed so I hope the new direction works out well.

Thanks. I like to see good folks succeed so I hope the new direction works out well.
    I should clarify too. I really do want to give you guys the most honest complete info that I can. I haven’t cleaned mine any more than I would a Glock. But they are more precisely manufactured and more complex. I plan on going through mine completely and checking springs etc twice a year or so. On a Glock I habitually did that once a year. IMO that’s a small price to pay for the improved performance of the pistol, but it is reality. Also, repairing a Glock is “ plug and play” where a 2011 takes more skill to work on. Once again, I believe that to be a small price to pay, but it’s the reality of a machine built to tighter tolerances.

Question on support gear

When selecting a holster for say a Staccato-C, any 1911 holster?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Any chance on a double stack Staccato-C???

Thanks for responding and giving us your opinions. I am really digging this new line of pistols!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    When selecting a holster for say a Staccato-C, any 1911 holster?
    Holsters can be a bit tricky. It has to fit the rail.

I'm finding the idea of a defense-reliable 2011 VERY intriguing and will be following this thread closely. I also was very intrigued by the EDC x9 but the samples of those I've handled didn't point naturally for me (haven't shot one though). Looking forward to getting one of these STI in my hands and see what I think. Thanks for the contributions to this thread by the folks heavily involved with this gun.

User Tag List