Page 33 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Doubles on steel with the DVC-P.

Nothing special. This gun allows a much more relaxed grip than anything else I’ve used.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4GXXhSg...d=qg1t8rvryvst

I never looked at them because of price.

Now I am looking at the Staccato P for duty carry.

Holding a buddy's does not help.

I get yo shoot it in a couple of weeks.

There are a couple of issues I would need to find some fixes if I go that route.... both deal with my hand size. The trigger guard undercut is not a one size fits all and the magwell hits my hand heel to the point where longs sessions would seem uncomfortable. I am new to 2011 so I am a rookie as far as thinner magwell or just removing. The treebark is ugly but grippy.

Last edited by SW CQB 45; 10-26-2019 at 07:33 PM.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Dremel the hump you don’t like and take the magwell off....

Also those are the biggest hands I’ve even seen. Though you were holding a SIG p938
    Last edited by Duke; 10-26-2019 at 07:39 PM.

There are also "Big Hands" magwells out there if you do want a magwell, but they still might be too small for you.

The tree bark texture on the Staccato P and Duo are no longer on the new grips. They went with a texture similar to the Staccato C. I think I still prefer the tree bark personally.
    Name:  B741731B-736F-46D1-9441-9CBD7B79083C.jpg
Views: 941
Size:  86.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Shit, they got Hilton hooked. He's the STI "Field Director of the 2011 Operational User and Armorer Program" now.

That's not only high praise, it's a ringing endorsement.

Between that and the great staff, gunsmithing training/education board, marketing team, etc they've assembled, STI is frankly doing the best it has ever done. And I think it's probably building the best guns it has ever built.

They are finally getting close to being the company I had hoped they would be all these years. I have had a secret love affair with STIs since I saw my first one back when I was about 10 or 12 years old it was the Falcon 3.9. It's a great time to be a fan of the company or hell, become a fan of the company.

I keep thinking I'm going to buy a CCO next, but I may end up buying a Staccato-C instead. Only a couple of hundred more than the Wesson Vigil and basically the same size package.
    Stop that nonsense. I was looking at this before I bought my Vigil. Ended up going with the traditional 1911. But have been thinking about the Staccato-C since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Doubles on steel with the DVC-P.

Nothing special. This gun allows a much more relaxed grip than anything else I’ve used.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4GXXhSg...d=qg1t8rvryvst
    Can you elaborate a little more on this? Do you mean that you don’t have to hold it like a ransom rest to get results? My shooting always goes away towards the end of the session when my left (support hand) hand gets tired and relaxes.

Thanks Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag View Post
    Can you elaborate a little more on this? Do you mean that you don’t have to hold it like a ransom rest to get results? My shooting always goes away towards the end of the session when my left (support hand) hand gets tired and relaxes.

Thanks Duke!
    Correct.

For me at least less is more in this case. And to your point I’ve never been great at recoil control - steaming from poorly developed support hand placement - so I like any help I can get.

By “doubles” I mean one sight picture - 2 trigger pulls.
    Last edited by Duke; 10-26-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Stop that nonsense. I was looking at this before I bought my Vigil. Ended up going with the traditional 1911. But have been thinking about the Staccato-C since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm working out the last of a CCO build right now. If I'd known what I would have in it, and if this gun had been around lat year I would have one. The VIP grip and 120mm mags make this a double stack CCO. I was all happy waiting for LTT to bring out the compact 92s too for a hi cap carry gun.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Correct.

For me at least less is more in this case.

By “doubles” I mean one sight picture - 2 trigger pulls.
    Thanks so much! I have an STI dealer less than an hour away, I think this is going to be expensive. I am torn between a Stacco-P Duo host and your model. Guess I have some decisions to make.

User Tag List