Page 16 of 120 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I'm finding the idea of a defense-reliable 2011 VERY intriguing and will be following this thread closely. I also was very intrigued by the EDC x9 but the samples of those I've handled didn't point naturally for me (haven't shot one though). Looking forward to getting one of these STI in my hands and see what I think. Thanks for the contributions to this thread by the folks heavily involved with this gun.
    Regarding the EDC X9, try a large back strap if possible. It changes the way it points.
    Last edited by Bucky; 09-21-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Little View Post
    There are a variety of grip modules available and you can swap them out easily. The magwell comes off and you can run it without it.
    Thank You

I gave my Staccato C a stippling on the front strap today. I just felt it was a little slick on the front strap. It really added grip to the grip.

It has shot great. i have about 500 rounds through this week. It is really impressive, for a small carry pistol.

Name:  6B4B7D2C-AEAE-4383-BAE0-42D0A79A38C8.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  42.9 KBName:  DC74E9FF-51EF-4889-8FB6-9B3274653AAF.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  50.3 KB
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 09-21-2019 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    I gave my Staccato C a stippling on the front strap today. I just felt it was a little slick on the front strap. It really added grip to the grip.

It has shot great. i have about 500 rounds through this week. It is really impressive, for a small carry pistol.

Name:  6B4B7D2C-AEAE-4383-BAE0-42D0A79A38C8.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  42.9 KBName:  DC74E9FF-51EF-4889-8FB6-9B3274653AAF.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  50.3 KB
    Nice! How would you say the STI trigger stacks up against the Glock Gen 5? How about the rest of the ergo's, like grip angle and trigger reach?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Nice! How would you say the STI trigger stacks up against the Glock Gen 5? How about the rest of the ergo's, like grip angle and trigger reach?
    Not comparable at all. A 1911 trigger from a good manufacturing background is hands down 100% better. They are apples and oranges. A 1911 slides smoothly and is the same every time, a glock still pivots on an axis point.

Now taking my G17 with a after market trigger, that I shot USPSA with or my G19 gen 5, it is better and faster
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 09-22-2019 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Any chance on a double stack Staccato-C???

Thanks for responding and giving us your opinions. I am really digging this new line of pistols!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look at the DVC-P. That’s the closest equivalent right now. There are some new things in development also.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Little View Post
    Look at the DVC-P. That’s the closest equivalent right now. There are some new things in development also.
    I am really hoping STI drops a edc-x9 equivalent. For a compact carry double stack I would like it to be as simple and without frills as possible. Thank you for the response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to answer as many questions as I can in one reply, so bear with me haha. I cannot confirm any new models coming out next year yet as we are prototyping several different things right now. The only double stack g19 sized aluminum framed carry gun we currently have is the dvc-c. Yes you can put a carry length grip module on a staccato-p and have a more pricepoint friendly carry gun, albeit one that is .35” longer than our current carry guns.

All our frames are either steel, or aluminum. Aluminum is only used on our carry models. All of our barrels are 416R stainless steel, ramped and supported.

We use bull barrels for multiple reasons...one is it adds a little bit of weight in the non-reciprocating mass of the muzzle end of the gun, which aids in recoil management, 2. Bushings have always been a point of failure, and with full length guide rods requires a bushing tool for take down, 3. They are extremely accurate, 4. When a gun catastrophically fails bull barrels seem to contain everything better as opposed to fragging the slide into the operators hands.

Yes the staccato-p has passed numerous law enforcement evals, to include the us marshals sog. The typical sog operator shoots 100,000 rds of +p duty ammo a year in training, our guns were tested according to those standards, as were some other manufacturers guns, to include polymer striker fired guns. They have had a portion of their guns all year, and none have come back on warranty, or needed parts replaced. They actually discussed changing their qual course as too many guys now shoot perfect, or damn near perfect with these guns. As far as non sog agencies, as of yesterday I have sold guns to over 90 departments in 27 states. The latest large agency teat that we have just finished was LA County Sheriffs, who have been testing our guns for the last 14 months. We passed all testing criteria, and went on their approved list two weeks ago.

Update the Guardian.

Staccato QC/parts
    120mm magazine frame
    Single side safety
    Fixed black rear, tritium front sight
    Do away with the horse soldier grip safety ala SVI/Infinity fixed beavertail.

Sell it for $1999.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

While the grip safety removal is an interesting topic, that has been discussed, you are only the second person to ask us to do it. Not saying we wouldnt look at it, but there has been no demand for it yet.

As far as sights, I doubt we ever go back to tritium as the overwhelming majority of our customer base no longer wishes to have it. To quote Dave Dawson as he said it in a way that hit the point home, “the only thing tritium sights are good for is seeing where your gun is on the nightstand, because if its dark enough to see them glow, its too dark to prove in court that there was a threat to your life”. After seeing some large leo agencies conducting low light testing with black, tritium, and fiber front sights, it was an almost unanimous decision to go fiber front. There is also a massive move towards pistol optics happening within the leo world now, which also negates the need for tritium. Tritium will always have a place in the aftermarket, and sights are like shoes, every individual has their own preference.

Same with single sided thumb safety. We had quite a few left over guardians from last year, all them were purchased by law enforcement officers, and requested the single sided safeties be replaced by ambi safeties. We make our guns set up for the 95% of our consumer base, and I think single safeties will also be aftermarket option for those who want them.

User Tag List