Page 72 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Oh, I got the grip safety working for now.

Name:  7A04EFE3-5108-4EE2-A73F-7EE7AB07DD06.jpg
Views: 889
Size:  100.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I picked up my Staccato Duo P today, and then got to shoot it some at the range. Here is the good part — it was reliable, the finish was nice, and the BUIS were well regulated. The bad part — the grip safety required so much travel, I had to spend the bulk of my shooting brainpower fully depressing it. The trigger was heavy, and the right side of the ambi didn’t like my high grip. I need to send it off to Ed Cameron and have him tune the grip safety, lighten the trigger, and fit a single side thumb safety. Hopefully it grows on me after some tuning and getting an optic mounted.
    Now we’re talking, digging the smaller mag well as my late 2019 has the G2 grips but larger version.

What optic on top, an SRO or like Duke an RMR perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Now we’re talking, digging the smaller mag well as my late 2019 has the G2 grips but larger version.

What optic on top, an SRO or like Duke an RMR perhaps?
    Still trying to decide. If I use it as a trainer for an Open gun the SRO, otherwise an RMR.

Oh, I got the grip safety working for now.

Name:  7A04EFE3-5108-4EE2-A73F-7EE7AB07DD06.jpg
Views: 889
Size:  100.8 KB
    https://www.ckarms.com/beavertail-grip-plug.html

I picked up my Staccato Duo P today, and then got to shoot it some at the range. Here is the good part — it was reliable, the finish was nice, and the BUIS were well regulated. The bad part — the grip safety required so much travel, I had to spend the bulk of my shooting brainpower fully depressing it. The trigger was heavy, and the right side of the ambi didn’t like my high grip. I need to send it off to Ed Cameron and have him tune the grip safety, lighten the trigger, and fit a single side thumb safety. Hopefully it grows on me after some tuning and getting an optic mounted.
    Curious to hear more on the trigger; that's one item I haven't heard many complaints about regarding the Staccato.

Any impressions on recoil control? The Staccato P is often lauded for flat shooting (even without the DVC-P/Omni space magic compensator) - does it live up to its reputation?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Curious to hear more on the trigger; that's one item I haven't heard many complaints about regarding the Staccato.
    Probably cause a ton of the guys are coming over from a glock, or similar pistol. And a shitty 1911 trigger is still better than most others

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

Any impressions on recoil control? The Staccato P is often lauded for flat shooting (even without the DVC-P/Omni space magic compensator) - does it live up to its reputation?
    It definitely seemed forgiving in terms of placing quick follow up shots where you are aiming. I really need to get the ergonomics of the grip safety, thumb safety, and trigger ironed out, to give it a fair shake. My other 1911 triggers are much lighter and have a touch of roll. This trigger feels like the grip safety wasn’t deactivated, even when it is.

How heavy is the trigger? Have you actually weighed it?

The other side of this is kind of weird.
    You bought a "Duty" gun for gun games
    Duke bought a "gaming" gun for carry

Can't really wrap my head around it. Maybe the XC or the XL would have met your expectations better?
    Last edited by wvincent; 03-31-2020 at 01:08 PM.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Yes, and just at 4, depending how you use the Lyman trigger gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post

The other side of this is kind of weird.
    You bought a "Duty" gun for gun games
    Duke bought a "gaming" gun for carry

Can't really wrap my head around it. Maybe the XC or the XL would have met your expectations better?
    Semi related thought

I can say that compared to the very best there is in this realm the dvc-p is excellent - I just don’t know who it’s really made for

It’s not an open gun because it’s 9 minor not 38 super with a 6” multi port barrel and no frame mounted optic.

It’s not a duty gun because it’s so delicate in its clean and lube needs

Is it the absolute lightest recoiling, easiest to shoot 9x19 on earth? Yes

But only a guy with some serious issues (like me) would ever seriously consider this a viable concealed pistol.

User Tag List