Page 47 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Which I believe happens on December 9, no doubt timed to steal the thunder of Glock’s announcement on the 10th.

Now I just need to stop being poor so I can afford (another) one.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    Now I just need to stop being poor so I can afford (another) one.
    Nobody with even a single 2011 is “poor.” Poor is just having a Glock or three.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    I don't believe they have officially released/communicated their new revised line-up. What you are seeing are all just leaked pictures, so I imagine the website won't be updated until that official announcement is made.
    except it's THEIR insta and facebook Modern business/marketing is weird.

I did see after I made that post, that Hilton made a post on facebook
    In case you missed it, @2011_sti is announcing their full 2020 product line on Mon 12/09

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Nobody with even a single 2011 is “poor.” Poor is just having a Glock or three.
    Fine - psuedo poor?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    except it's THEIR insta and facebook Modern business/marketing is weird.

I did see after I made that post, that Hilton made a post on facebook
    True - they don't seem to be doing a very good job of being hush-hush about all of this.

Site Supporter
    Looks like I’m going to be a poor; but gun rich. I’ll pull a bob lee swagger- live in a trailer in the woods

Hey guys,
    I think a few of you know me here, and a buddy suggested I join up. I appreciate the links to my YouTube content on STI's.

Having skimmed most of this thread, a couple points for clarification:
    -10-8 Performance front sights are machined from prehardened 4140 bar stock and the fiber optic design has a center shielded section which protects the fiber optic. They are not made by Dawson Precision. There is a specific model in the works for the STI iron sight models.
    -I have never guarded an abandoned nuclear power plant, that wasn't even in the charter of my former employer. If I can't pick you out of a photo lineup, don't talk about me like we're old coworkers.

A bit about my involvement with STI:
    About a year ago, STI started purchasing slide stops from 10-8. At SHOT 2019, I went to their booth, curious to see where my parts were going. I got a tour of the product line and I was impressed with what they were building. After my retirement from the FBI this past spring, I resumed my work at 10-8 Performance and in doing market research I saw that STI was on the rise in the LE sector. I was interested in their work and ordered a Staccato P DUO from Buck. I heard Buck on the P&S podcast mentioning that they were looking to start an armorer program. I was too impatient to wait for my DUO and ended up buying an iron sighted Staccato P from Gunbroker and studied it, then contacted Buck and Tony at STI to propose that I develop and implement their armorer program. And here I am.

I hope that wasn't too much info, but I wanted to clear up any of the misinformation or misconceptions on the thread. I didn't have to volunteer to work with STI, but I like what they're doing and their whole corporate culture. If you have questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Thank you,
    Hilton Yam

Quote Originally Posted by HiltonYam View Post
    Hey guys,
    I think a few of you know me here, and a buddy suggested I join up. I appreciate the links to my YouTube content on STI's.

Having skimmed most of this thread, a couple points for clarification:
    -10-8 Performance front sights are machined from prehardened 4140 bar stock and the fiber optic design has a center shielded section which protects the fiber optic. They are not made by Dawson Precision. There is a specific model in the works for the STI iron sight models.
    -I have never guarded an abandoned nuclear power plant, that wasn't even in the charter of my former employer. If I can't pick you out of a photo lineup, don't talk about me like we're old coworkers.

A bit about my involvement with STI:
    About a year ago, STI started purchasing slide stops from 10-8. At SHOT 2019, I went to their booth, curious to see where my parts were going. I got a tour of the product line and I was impressed with what they were building. After my retirement from the FBI this past spring, I resumed my work at 10-8 Performance and in doing market research I saw that STI was on the rise in the LE sector. I was interested in their work and ordered a Staccato P DUO from Buck. I heard Buck on the P&S podcast mentioning that they were looking to start an armorer program. I was too impatient to wait for my DUO and ended up buying an iron sighted Staccato P from Gunbroker and studied it, then contacted Buck and Tony at STI to propose that I develop and implement their armorer program. And here I am.

I hope that wasn't too much info, but I wanted to clear up any of the misinformation or misconceptions on the thread. I didn't have to volunteer to work with STI, but I like what they're doing and their whole corporate culture. If you have questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Thank you,
    Hilton Yam
    Great to see you here. There seems somewhat of a 1911/2011 renaissance underway here.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Great to see you here. There seems somewhat of a 1911/2011 renaissance underway here.
    Yep! The 2011 is this year's PX4CC. Or is it this year's P10F OR? Or next years G46?

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    As a former 10-8 Forum regular I'm in agreement w/ JHC's sentiments on both counts not to mention the expertise you bring to STI, now onto the 2020 Stacatto line.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 12-04-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Glad you are here @HiltonYam!
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List