Page 39 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Nils J has recently been doing a massive beat down of all sorts of Open, Limited, Production and CO pistols with his $500 Canik.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I’m in the process of offloading unneeded guns and working some OT gigs to fund the purchase of a Staccato-P and C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Are you going to run the Staccato-P duo/host? If so have you found a good duty holster for it? Besides the cost that is the other thing that is holding me back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    I’m in the process of offloading unneeded guns and working some OT gigs to fund the purchase of a Staccato-P and C.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Are you going to run the Staccato-P duo/host? If so have you found a good duty holster for it? Besides the cost that is the other thing that is holding me back.
    Haven’t even started to shop for duty holsters yet, and I think that I’ll grab the plain Staccato P for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Haven’t even started to shop for duty holsters yet, and I think that I’ll grab the plain Staccato P for now.

I know nothing about this company save for they list almost every STI for level 2 fitment

https://www.lsholster.com/the-crestone-l2/

Ditto for these folk

https://mwtsmn.com/new-products-1/ma...rier-mrs-fkgs7
    Last edited by Duke; 11-21-2019 at 10:33 PM.

@Matt Little @Buck8154 can either of you talk about the Staccato R? When will they be available? I’m also hearing that the Staccato P will be available as a 4.5” pistol next year. Any truth to that?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    @Matt Little @Buck8154 can either of you talk about the Staccato R? When will they be available? I’m also hearing that the Staccato P will be available as a 4.5” pistol next year. Any truth to that?
    The Staccato-R is a 5" bushing barrel single stack 2011, using a Kart National Match barrel and HD bushing. It was designed for the USPSA and IPSC single stack divisions, and is legal in both. To truly see how a 2011 modular frame with polymer grip dissipates recoil energy different than a one piece frame, go shoot an R in .45acp side by side with 1911 in .45...it is a massive difference in felt recoil and muzzle movement. I believe all 2020 models will be presented by the factory over the next week and a half, with sales going live for dealers the first week of December.
    Last edited by Buck8154; 11-22-2019 at 10:54 AM.
    I’ll try means I’ll fail, you either can or can’t, and can’t never got anything done.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck8154 View Post
    The Staccato-R is a 5" bushing barrel single stack 2011, using a Kart National Match barrel and HD bushing. It was designed for the USPSA and IPSC single stack divisions, and is legal in both. To truly see how a 2011 modular frame with polymer grip dissipates recoil energy different than a one piece frame, go shoot an R in .45acp side by side with 1911 in .45...it is a massive difference in felt recoil and muzzle movement. I believe all 2020 models will be presented by the factory over the next week and a half, with sales going live for dealers the first week of December.
    Might there be an engineering/design remedy for the bending of ejectors from slide lock reloads described like a "known" issue a couple pages back? (post #380)
    Last edited by JHC; 11-22-2019 at 11:24 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Might there be an engineering/design remedy for the bending of ejectors from slide lock reloads described like a "known" issue a couple pages back? (post #380)
    You can cause the same ejector issue slamming long mags into a s&w shield.

The below ejector seems to be the ideal fix

Name:  1F7E3BE1-4EF5-4345-9566-884A3673919B.jpeg
Views: 572
Size:  42.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Buck8154 View Post
    You have my attention.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List