Page 4 of 120 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    Yes, your STI has been a very interesting gun to read about, and I appreciate your posts about it.. I was only using 5” steel 1911s for a while, and now that I’ve also gotten into Glocks, I’m curious to see how a plastic-grip, aluminum-frame 2011 compares weight wise to G17s and G19s, or perhaps more equivalently to that Zev OZ-9. I remember a past P-F member who had dotted, threaded barrel Commander 2011, but I seem to recall that it was a steel frame.

This next generation of 2011 magazines without the inserts seem to be a real step forward.
    Weight wise - they are a few ounces heavier unloaded at about 30. The DVC Omni with the comp built in is ~33 ounces unloaded.

Site Supporter
    This thread is killing me. I have wanted a S_I carry gun for years but have been telling myself that my M&Ps are plenty good enough (especially with the M&P 2.0).

The Staccato P seems to be pretty hard to find right now. A local dealer had a couple Staccato C’s several weeks ago. Nice feeling pistol and much smaller than I expected. Uses standard 9mm officer magazines from what I gather.

I’ve been tempted by 2011’s in the past but the cost of two guns, $50 to $75 magazines, holsters etc freaks me out a little bit. Especially when the idea of it maybe running and maybe not running has been an issue in the past.

The new STI’s are certainly tempting though.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Website says C is aluminum frame. Unsure on P...doesn't say. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Website says C is aluminum frame. Unsure on P...doesn't say. Anyone know?
    All the P's are steel framed guns.

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    All the P's are steel framed guns.
    Thank you. Without going on a tangent are the parts forged or MIM?

A bit of both I believe. All the ones I have seen and owned have been superb as far as fit and machining. The one time I needed CS support it was a simple phone call and my part was at my door in 3 days. They even sent me a follow up email just to make sure everything was GTG.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    The STI frame is a two piece affair. The serialized portion of an STI frame is quite small being just framerails and a feed ramp, really. Some are aluminum some steel. I think the current production is aluminum. :https://www.speedshooter.com/product...e-Stack-Frames

Because the frame rail dimensions on an STI are 1911-spec, a good smith can easily fit you any kind of 1911 upper. The gun I was carrying today is an STI double stack lower, with a true Commander-length, bushing equipped, upper on top.
    A link and and information that is bound to get me in trouble...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Looks like the Staccato P 5 inch is finally starting to come out. Although this one sounds like it was a shipping accident.
    Youtube guy says it's "super smooth!"

DVC-P

I have been looking at a DVC-P really hard, I just don’t know if it’s worth the $4000 MSRP. Anyone have time with one and what are your thoughts?

User Tag List