Page 7 of 120 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
    The frame is polymer. The frame rails are steel. The slide and small parts are steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of the 2011's have polymer frames. Many if not most have plastic grips, but the frames are steel or aluminium. The assembly with the rails is the frame, the lower section bolted onto that is the grip.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    None of the 2011's have polymer frames. Many if not most have plastic grips, but the frames are steel or aluminium. The assembly with the rails is the frame, the lower section bolted onto that is the grip.
    Ok ya got me there. What I meant was that the grip is polymer.
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I'm kinda curious how a bull-barrel staggered box magazine 1911 holds up in duty/real-world use. The info from Buck8154 is impressive, but my personal perception is that STI is primarily oriented and marketed towards the USPSA crowd.
    I cannot speak for STI, or any widebody .45ACP pistols, but this SVI Infinity is my all-purpose go-to handgun, except for deep concealment.

Name:  10mm bitches.jpg
Views: 1379
Size:  32.4 KB
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

P&S modcast interview with STI. Just started live now, hopefully it will turn out to be interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12KQ-6p4rLE

I have owned a couple STI guns over the years. I currently only own one 1911 and it is an STI Ranger II 45ACP and I will never let it go. I have never had an issue with it. I would get another STI for sure. The Podcast was interesting for sure and worth listening to.

My STI Ranger II:
    Last edited by claymore504; 08-23-2019 at 07:22 AM.

After listening to the podcast I'm really interested in the Staccato P Duo. I'm still concerned about their customer service. They've had my DVC Limited for almost 4 months for a broken grip safety with very little communication. That would be an unacceptable downtime for a duty weapon.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

STI is stepping up their marketing to the tactical market, which explains why my IG feed is now full of STI tags.

https://stiguns.com/tactical-team-2011/

Don’t think many of the guys in the page above were shooting STIs 5 or 6 months ago (based on my observation from IG.)

(Before someone gets their jimmies in a bunch, that some or most of those guys weren’t shooting STIs previously in and of itself doesnt say anything about STI.)
    Last edited by BigD; 08-23-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    After listening to the podcast I'm really interested in the Staccato P Duo. I'm still concerned about their customer service. They've had my DVC Limited for almost 4 months for a broken grip safety with very little communication. That would be an unacceptable downtime for a duty weapon.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Same. I sent Buck an email inquiring about LE prices on the Staccato P and P Duo. I'm intrigued....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Same. I sent Buck an email inquiring about LE prices on the Staccato P and P Duo. I'm intrigued....

Mine should be arriving any day. I'll let you know how it does; don't know if I'm gonna do the 2000 round challenge, though.

Site Supporter
    Kyle,

Buck is usually pretty good about getting back to folks. The price is 15% off MSRP and you can order 2 per year. If you want to PM me your email I can forward you the order form.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post

User Tag List