Page 79 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by Buck8154 View Post
    Its included for units that run really light frange in the shoot house, or their carry ammo is +p or +p+.
    We run about 3-4 different brands of frange in our shoothouses and we have never had an issue with our 9mm and .40 Glocks. Shrug...

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    We run about 3-4 different brands of frange in our shoothouses and we have never had an issue with our 9mm and .40 Glocks. Shrug...
    Never said you had to have it...we tested the gun with all three, and shipped it will all 3 so the end user would have a preference. Most people prefer the 13, some (mostly comp guys) prefer the 11 as it shoots very flat. I prefer the 15, and have had that in for the majority of the 40k Ive put through my personal gun since last fall. It cycled 90 gr frange just fine on my last Bragg trip, and feeds everything, including multipke types of duty ammo just fine. I beleive Pannone is running the 15 as well.
    I’ll try means I’ll fail, you either can or can’t, and can’t never got anything done.

Never said you had to have it...we tested the gun with all three, and shipped it will all 3 so the end user would have a preference. Most people prefer the 13, some (mostly comp guys) prefer the 11 as it shoots very flat. I prefer the 15, and have had that in for the majority of the 40k Ive put through my personal gun since last fall. It cycled 90 gr frange just fine on my last Bragg trip, and feeds everything, including multipke types of duty ammo just fine. I beleive Pannone is running the 15 as well.
    Which model are you running? So you’ve had good luck with yours?

Which model are you running? So you’ve had good luck with yours?
    I have the original 4.45 P-DUO, Got it august 30 last year.
    Last edited by Buck8154; 04-04-2020 at 06:20 PM.
    I’ll try means I’ll fail, you either can or can’t, and can’t never got anything done.

I have the original 4.45 P-DUO, Got it august 30 last year.
    Buck, could you comment on some of the recent developments and the action STI is taking in response? Seems like a lot of information is out there in a number of different places but it is hard to separate the signal from the noise. For example, are GEN3 magazines on the way? Are changes to the G2 grip coming? We'd welcome your authoritative information.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

After almost two years of contemplation, angst, playing with alternatives and considering other options, I finally picked up a Staccato P. Most of my shooting these days is done with a Glock 17, so I was looking for something about that size, capacity, etc. The 2020 P model at 4.4" is just about perfect for me. I found a slightly used 2020 model with an older grip swap at the right price and pounced. I picked it up from the FFL the other day and have been playing with it at home until I can get to the range.

Initial impressions are it is a nice pistol. I cut my teeth competitively on 1911s so I'm not a stranger to the mechanics, fitment, etc. I found the front sight to be too thick for my tastes and dropped a .090 Dawson on the front and went to a green fiber. I also went through and broke the edges on the polymer grip. Finally I found the grip safety to be pretty stout in force, so I slightly lightened the spring tension to match my other 1911s. I'm not touching the trigger or anything else as I'd prefer to shoot it and see how it shakes out after 1-2k rounds.

After a few hundred manipulations via dry-fire so far, I think I'm really going to like this pistol!

Picture as received.

Name:  20200409_161417.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  44.8 KB

Site Supporter
    Most ranges at FLETC are all Frang/lead free now including my Agency basic academy and locally we have used the ranges of the main USAF small arms school house which also is all Frang/lead free. That stuff is the Devil. It beats the shit out of guns, even if it cycles.

Blah blah blah Bragg blah blah blah
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

@GJM Did you get your Staccato in? Curious how you like it and what you think of the mounting plate system.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    @GJM Did you get your Staccato in? Curious how you like it and what you think of the mounting plate system.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Sure GJM will be by soon Grey but he's already got it enroute to Joe Chambers for some minor mods. & I'll let him fill ya in on the details.

User Tag List