Page 69 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Floodlight is intended for a grock with that silky half boomerang L shape.

2011 is more a flat L and as such I found the ride height adjustment and retention on a 2011 to be subpar bordering on unless.

A made 2 snap loop adapters to raise the gun grip up but abandoned it pretty quickly in favor of something else.

Attachment 50783
    You need to let us know which holsters youve tried and what you like, if any, beyond the T1C.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    For those who have chosen the Staccato lines of pistols, may I ask why the STI offering compared to, say, the Wilson EDC X9 line? Is it the ability to easily mount a light? Or the lower MSRP for the pistol? I cannot believe it is the latter as when magazines and holsters are added, the cost difference is negligible. My personal EDC X9, sample of one and all of that, has not had any magazine feeding issues, and I do not need to spend hours tuning magazines.

I am a STI fan but prefer the no longer offered single stack pistols. I have pulled my 2009 Lawman from the safe and shooting a bit of .45 ACP as COVID-19 therapy. My 9x19 Trojans are still doing yeoman duty, and I have a SVI 9x19 single-stack that is a fun and a .45 ACP version of that will be on the way once life gets back to the new normal. The 9x19 SVI needed a bit of time to sort it out, but once I figured out that I was not loading the rounds long enough it has run just fine. I want to like the Staccato pistols, but I am not willing to put up with magazine feeding issues. Are longer rounds the solution for the Staccato pistols?
    We still make single stacks, just not 1911’s. Gen 2 mags do mot need to be tuned and are about half the price of the old mags.
    I’ll try means I’ll fail, you either can or can’t, and can’t never got anything done.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    A related question on STIs - who are y'all using for holster makers? It kind of spooks me when I see the company tweaking the slide length of the P every year - the holster(s) you have for your 2019 P won't work with your 2020 P...
    For duty holsters or edc type holsters?

Duty: safriland rds, Blackhawk T-series, weber tactical, longshadow....Blackhawk at is by far my favorite duty homster ive run in the last 23 years.

Edc: las concealment, blackpoint tactical are my two fav.
    I’ll try means I’ll fail, you either can or can’t, and can’t never got anything done.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Any chance you have pics that shows the reduction in height? Are the front and rear sights the same size as the previous size plate or are those reduced to correspond to the reduced plate size?
    Ill see if I can find some pics and post, all my personal guns have the dpp as all of my rmrs have shit the bed on me in the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck8154 View Post
    Gen 2 mags do mot need to be tuned and are about half the price of the old mags.
    Respectfully - I have not found this to be true depending on the gun

Small sample of 3 guns - 30 mags

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Curious as well

One thing STI has not done well imo is provide details and selling points like these to normal folks.

I know High speed teams adopting the gun is good but it’d be a lot better if I understood the subtle changes and why they were made.
    We just hired a CMO, and marketing team who started at shot show this year. They are updating our website to have a lot of this i formation, as well as my Team, t he LE/MIL guys (myself, pannone, little, and estell) will be starting our own podcast soon to discuss all kinds of things.

As far as the change to the P, our goal has been to develop the best 2011 duty gun we can, this has happened with feedback from multiple high level LE teams, as well as a cadre of military folks who specialize in cqb. That feedback coupled with our team, and Dave Dawson from dawson precision, has evolved the legacy railed platforms i to the currebt staccato-p. The balance of felt recoil, muzzle movement, accuracy, and reliability ariund the most common types of 9mm duty ammo was our objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck8154 View Post
    For duty holsters or edc type holsters?

Duty: safriland rds, Blackhawk T-series, weber tactical, longshadow....Blackhawk at is by far my favorite duty homster ive run in the last 23 years.

Edc: las concealment, blackpoint tactical are my two fav.
    Does the T Series work with an optic?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    For those who have chosen the Staccato lines of pistols, may I ask why the STI offering compared to, say, the Wilson EDC X9 line? Is it the ability to easily mount a light? Or the lower MSRP for the pistol? I cannot believe it is the latter as when magazines and holsters are added, the cost difference is negligible. My personal EDC X9, sample of one and all of that, has not had any magazine feeding issues, and I do not need to spend hours tuning magazines.
    I left the edc x9 too, about the same time as Duke. I just couldn't run it as well as a single stack. I think the x9 mags are perfect, and the gun ran without issue, AND it never even HINTED that it would have an issue. I mounted a x300U, so no drawback there, and I had two very good holsters (Phlster/DSG). I'm back to single stack 1911, until this whole 2011 thing settles out, then I might give STI a try. But the way that edc x9 ran has spoiled me. ANYTHING hicap 1911/2011 that doesn't function like an x9 will be hard to accept

@Buck8154

How much does the Staccato R weigh in 45 ACP and in 9mm? I've been trying to find that stat everywhere and so far haven't found it published.

Also, do you have any plans on making that gun available in a "Duo" configuration or partnering with anyone who can retrofit the gun to that configuration?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I left the edc x9 too, about the same time as Duke. I just couldn't run it as well as a single stack. I think the x9 mags are perfect, and the gun ran without issue, AND it never even HINTED that it would have an issue. I mounted a x300U, so no drawback there, and I had two very good holsters (Phlster/DSG). I'm back to single stack 1911, until this whole 2011 thing settles out, then I might give STI a try. But the way that edc x9 ran has spoiled me. ANYTHING hicap 1911/2011 that doesn't function like an x9 will be hard to accept
    I have much the same experience as the 1911 is just easier for me to run at a high level. I assumed it was due to thirty years of experience with the 1911 versus less than a year with the EDC X9. On the timer, I am still improving with the EDC X9 although I have an annoying tendency to push the second shot at speed that I do not have with the 1911. That being said, the EDC X9 just runs with the six magazines I have been using. I do need to purchase a few more magazines when there is a sale as I cannot walk into my LGS and find EDC X9 magazines as opposed to the ubiquitous 1911 magazines.

User Tag List