Page 71 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    @Duke, I have to ask, what is with the different colored tape on your grip?
    Oh, and glad to see you back and posting!
    slick painters tape

That Grip is the ultra agreesive Phoenix trinity EVO and I need a little bit of slick to speed up my draw

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    2011 size comparison nonsense.

This is going around at the moment so let’s be honest.

Calling the 2011 “G19 ish with a longer barrel” is not even close to true.

The 2011 is a huge gun. In every way. And I love them but marketing measuring a slide or barrel and calling it similar sized as something well known and small is not accurate

Attachment 50864
    Thank you, those are the sort of pics I've been wanting to see for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    @Duke, I have to ask, what is with the different colored tape on your grip?
    Oh, and glad to see you back and posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Thank you, those are the sort of pics I've been wanting to see for a while.

What guys usually say is “well the grip is only such and such longer than such and such.

That’s true. But it isn’t only the length of the grip but the overall height and weight and width and shape of the whole thing that makes it overall huge.

And again I love it and it is magic to shoot - part of which is due to the size and weight.

Also as carried - 18 Rounds of speer 115, x300UB , Metal grip and RMR - my dvc-p is 3.15lbs. Which is well. A lot

Name:  E151E5CD-F505-4FF6-8919-D737A73A7983.jpg
Views: 4925
Size:  36.6 KB

Duke you have a 17 to conpare it too?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

Please hold

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

The easiest comparison in overall size is C2 = g19, staccato-p (2020) = g17, and 5” 2011 (to include the staccato-xc) = g34
    I’ll try means I’ll fail, you either can or can’t, and can’t never got anything done.

Name:  69181F08-F2AF-42A2-B00F-965E58FAB35C.jpg
Views: 3621
Size:  66.0 KB

From left to right:
    Staccato-c, s&w m&p, g17, 2019 staccato-p, 2020 staccato-p, sig m17, lapd metro 5” 2011, g35
    Last edited by Buck8154; 03-29-2020 at 06:06 PM.
    I’ll try means I’ll fail, you either can or can’t, and can’t never got anything done.

So I'm strongly contemplating biting off and buying a Staccato duo for duty use(my agency would allow it). I'm currently running Gen 5 Glock 34s with optics (RMR/ACRO). I've run 1911s before on duty but this was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. How stupid would I be to bite off an another system with me being so heavily invested in Glocks? Are the benefits of 1911 shoot-ability even worth it?

ssg - I can't answer for you on the worth of switching over, but I can tell you that late last summer, on a lark, I bought a bare bones Springfield RO. Just holding a 1911 in my hand put an ENORMOUS grin on my face, and it hasn't disappointed on the range. Last week my buddy and I were on the range (with appropriate social distancing, of course), and he was shooting steel at 25 with frangible ammo through his M4. I'd already packed mine up, so I just pulled out the RO and went to work, and, at 25 yards, through 100 rounds, I dropped ONE round outside the A-zone, shooting as fast as I could reacquire my front sight. So for me, yeah, there's a HUGE increase in "shootability" comparing a Glock (mine's a 19) to a 1911.

On the other hand, a week ago I had to make a 12 hour round trip to link up with my son who was driving back from Texas as his school is now full time online. When I was getting ready to hit the road, I didn't look twice at my Dan Wesson CCO or the RO, and immediately reverted to the "comfort" of 15+1 9mms and 19 rounds in a single mag on my belt. It doesn't hurt that my wife, who was going to take over driving for our son, is Glock comfortable, so my G26 went with her in that car, with another 19 round reload.

The draw of the Staccato, for me, is a Glock-ish sized 1911 with Glock capacity. I'm personally desperate for a C2 as a "duty" gun and a C for a carry around gun, but we'll have to see if there's that much room in my budget.

I picked up my Staccato Duo P today, and then got to shoot it some at the range. Here is the good part — it was reliable, the finish was nice, and the BUIS were well regulated. The bad part — the grip safety required so much travel, I had to spend the bulk of my shooting brainpower fully depressing it. The trigger was heavy, and the right side of the ambi didn’t like my high grip. I need to send it off to Ed Cameron and have him tune the grip safety, lighten the trigger, and fit a single side thumb safety. Hopefully it grows on me after some tuning and getting an optic mounted.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List