Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J Frame Mods

J Frame Mods

I do a few things that work for me:

1. Send them to Nelson Ford for a trigger job
    2. Grip tape on backstrap
    3. Glow on paint on front and rear sights ( works great after one quick pop with a light)
    4. Altamont boot grips

What paint are you using? I see mixed reviews for various ones on Amazon and would like to try it.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    What paint are you using? I see mixed reviews for various ones on Amazon and would like to try it.
    http://www.glow-on.com/

Once it dries I seal it with clear nail polish. The 442 has had it on for over two years now and it is still going strong and I use it for EDC. I just applied it to the 642 when I picked it up last month.
    Last edited by eb07; 07-09-2019 at 12:04 PM.

Oooh Boyyyy!

I see tons of zombie sights glowing soon! How about a dark picture shot? I could see doing this to the HiViz sight face whilst not actually getting it on the fibre optic portion and getting a little more Viz in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Michpatriot View Post
    I see tons of zombie sights glowing soon! How about a dark picture shot? I could see doing this to the HiViz sight face whilst not actually getting it on the fibre optic portion and getting a little more Viz in the dark.
    Each on hit it for 3 seconds with cheap streamlight AAA

442:

Charter Bulldog:

Beretta Nano:

Beretta Nano after 5 minutes:

Last edited by eb07; 07-09-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Thanks for the quick pic

Hey that is awsome! Gonna be trying this soon. Just ordered the big ole bottle of the original formula Lol I'll be giving a glowing review after I get done painting!
    Last edited by Michpatriot; 07-09-2019 at 12:42 PM.

Worth the 10 bucks but of course it has it's limitations... not permanent, requires light to activate, bright as the light that hits it. Must be sealed with clear coat ( nail polish) or comes off. But better than nothing. Shows up white by day. They have different colors however.
    Last edited by eb07; 07-09-2019 at 12:32 PM.

Nicely done. What kind of grip tape is that? It looks different than the skateboard tape I use.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Nicely done. What kind of grip tape is that? It looks different than the skateboard tape I use.
    Gt-500 grip tape. Comes in sheets. Cut to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    http://www.glow-on.com/

Once it dries I seal it with clear nail polish. The 442 has had it on for over two years now and it is still going strong and I use it for EDC. I just applied it to the 642 when I picked it up last month.
    I just took the time to read the reviews on this product on amazon....

The negatives were people who did not follow the instructions about adding a drop of water to mix with if it was too dry, or not sealing with some form of nail polish or clear coat and it wipes off at the next cleaning. Others complaining about bottle size. I have done six handguns and have half a bottle left. One Einstein couldn't accept that he had to put light on it to get glow out of it. Sometimes reading Amazon reviews makes me cringe at the lack of chlorine in the gene pool. Use with confidence.

User Tag List