Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lessons to Learn (Negligent Discharge Video)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMWINCLE View Post
    The officer whose body cam we are watching, and said "What happened", did not have the ND. (Did look like he muzzled himself though, but hard to say for sure with the body cam angle).

The ND came from the 3rd officer that you saw briefly enter and go behind the front door. He was trying to grab a dog . You can see the shot go through the door. It's also spelled out in the news story.
    I misinterpreted the video. Thanks for the clarification.

Officer Sink’s body camera shows the bullet go through the door separating Wright and Butler.
    A good reminder: building material, including front doors are not backstops.

Less than 3 minutes after being shot, officer Butler was loaded into an ambulance. She is expected to be okay.
    From my NON LEO perspective:
    - I don't know if they reacted properly, given their training and situation, but they got to immediately work diagnosing and solving the problem.
    - I'm curious if these LEO's had any applicable medical training or equipment on scene.
    - Thank God EMS was on scene so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    - I'm curious if these LEO's had any applicable medical training or equipment on scene.
    Maybe @BehindBlueI's can comment on that. Even if he's not familiar with that department in specific, there might be some state mandated minimum training in the academy.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    - Thank God EMS was on scene so quickly.
    Where I used to work EMS, it was customary for the local EMS to be dispatched to warrant services so that the bus was already en-route before officers made entry. That's for low level warrants served by officers/detectives.....we had medics embedded with the county tactical team that would go through their entire planning process, staging and execution for any of their ops.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Where I used to work EMS, it was customary for the local EMS to be dispatched to warrant services so that the bus was already en-route before officers made entry. That's for low level warrants served by officers/detectives.....we had medics embedded with the county tactical team that would go through their entire planning process, staging and execution for any of their ops.
    Makes sense. I got the impression that Sinks (body cam) wasn’t expecting medics on scene so he ran towards (what I assume was) his patrol car down the block to get supplies. He then turned around in response to another patrol car that pulled up.

Thanks for the info.

Admittedly, I only watched part of the video, but was he calling her “baby”?

LE Forum Moderator BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Maybe @BehindBlueI's can comment on that. Even if he's not familiar with that department in specific, there might be some state mandated minimum training in the academy.
    Indiana has a tier system, with Tier 1 being what most people think of when they think of the police and what those officers would be. I *think* it's 16 hours minimum at the Academy for tier 1. CPR/AED, basic first aid, and tactical/medical.
    L'otters are not afraid.
    WWOMJD?

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Maybe with talented students I would lube up with baby oil and then go at it.

User Tag List