Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: "Official Ruger LCR Thread"

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    Anyone know if the 9mm's are the 357 frame or the 38?
    Steel frame like the 357.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I forgot, there is one other thing I've noticed shooting both .357 and .38:

When I go to punch out the spent .38 rounds from the cylinder on the .357, as often as not, the casings hang up on the walls and don't all come out cleanly.

When I punch out the .38 cases from the .38, the spent brass all comes out uniformly and easily drops to the floor.

Just an observation; please bear in mind my total lifetime shooting with revolvers includes 300+40 or so through these two little guns, plus maybe a cylinder of some Ruger revolver (might or might not have been a Security Six, I think it was) back when I was in my 20's and lived for a time on a farm. *

* kid you not. Making bull calves into steers was quite an experience for this college boy in 1984.
    Might be as simple as better chamber polishing in that particular .38.

Something is definately wrong with me, but I really want a 3 inch DAO LCR in .327 with a red dot sight and compact WML.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I had a GP-100 that would consistently fail to eject .38 brass and a quick polishing, along with an occasional cleaning with a hoppe's tornado brush, took care of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Huh. I have no clue. I was initially thinking the .38 round in the .357 chamber was fouling the chambers. But then I though how could that be causing them to stick.

I’ll get them out this weekend and look,cause now I’m curious.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Huh. I have no clue. I was initially thinking the .38 round in the .357 chamber was fouling the chambers. But then I though how could that be causing them to stick.

I’ll get them out this weekend and look,cause now I’m curious.
    If you load and fire .357 after shooting a lot of .38, the longer .357 casings may stick in the chamber due to fouling and possible chamber erosion from the shorter .38 casing. Shouldn't happen the other way around though.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    I wasn't really in the market for an LCR, but my LGS had an LCR38 with red fiber optic front sight on consignment for $275. Suffice to say, it followed me home. If fits my hand better, has better sights, a better trigger, and is lighterthan the 15yo airweight j-frame I currently use as my "low profile" carry gun.

The LCR is homely though.

I need a holster. I have a DSG AIWB for my J-frame. Anything else worth looking at?

Chris

"Official Ruger LCR Thread"

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post

I need a holster. I have a DSG AIWB for my J-frame. Anything else worth looking at?

Chris
    That’s what I bought. Can’t go wrong with DSG.

Last edited by RJ; 07-20-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    I'm using it in the pockets of Wrangler Cargo Shorts with the pocket holster I mentioned in my post. I wear a long t shirt or polo shirt to cover the pocket opening.
    I wear the same type of cargo shorts, and after your OP, I ordered the Blackhawk holster you mentioned. Thank you! I’ve finally got a pocket setup I that I really like for my LCR. Now I’m debating replacing the front sights with Novak units on my 38 and 357 models

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post

Chris
    I like the PHLster City Special but it doesn’t work with gym shorts - pull the dot loops only. I tried putting a DCC clip on it but it’s molded so tightly that you can’t reholster without a belt.

The Icon looks promising when they release the LCR version.

The DSG Apollo is great but I wish @orionz06 made one for the LCR in the same length as the J-frame model.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nerd View Post
    The DSG Apollo is great but I wish @orionz06 made one for the LCR in the same length as the J-frame model.
    I can cut them down. The width the LCR holster winds up being generally feels better for most at the longer length, and the cooler 22's that many have are also 3". Working on a dedicated shorty once the K6S is out.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List