Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: "Official Ruger LCR Thread"

Site Supporter
    Just an update on my LCR journey. From reading the Harry's Holster Icon thread, I really liked the look of the holster and wanted to try one. Now they are not made for the LCR at this time. However I have previously owned 2 one man holster companies and though I could alter the fit of the Icon to work for my LCR. If not, it would be my fault it didn't work out. So my Icon arrived today. After test fitting my LCR I determined that the outer edge of the trigger guard area would need to be warmed and formed to fit. Some warming of that area with a heat gun, gloves and a few minutes forming and cooling brought the desired results.
    Name:  Icon LCR.jpg
Views: 2017
Size:  72.3 KB

It fits great, snaps in and out well and retains perfectly. Now I'm NOT Telling you to do this. I'm just passing along what worked for me.... Should you attempt this and you do not have the required skills that's your fault, NOT Mine... And yes I'm pretty sure you void any warranty from Harry's Holsters... Just Saying....

So far I really like the holster, the finish and workmanship is top notch and it's a great design. I'm just impatient and didn't want to wait for them to come out with one for the LCR.
    Last edited by MDFA; 07-15-2019 at 02:37 PM.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

I like that a lot. Did you leave the screws in or take them out to adapt the fit?
    Thanks,
    JSP

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSixPack View Post
    I like that a lot. Did you leave the screws in or take them out to adapt the fit?
    Thanks,
    JSP
    Leave the tension screw in, but remove the belt clip. Just warm the edge and carefully above the tension screw where the revolvers frame at the front of the trigger guard goes .
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1551
Size:  100.2 KB

I have had my LCR357 for seveeal years . Great little revovler ....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Swapped my model 5450 LCR .357 for a model 5401 LCR .38 last week. The weight savings of almost 4 oz is very noticeable in my pocket.

I seem to shoot my Wadcutters about the same, and for whatever reason the recoil impulse is hardly any different.

I’m well pleased with the switch.

Love the hat, Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Love the hat, Rich.
    That is my Indiana Jones costume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Official Ruger LCR Thread"

On topic: side by side, .357 on left, .38 on right:

.357, carry weight, 21.8 oz

.38 carry weight, 18 oz:

Ammo is .38 Federal Match Wadcutters.

As say, the 3.8 oz difference is noticeable for me.
    Last edited by RJ; 07-17-2019 at 10:25 AM.

I forgot, there is one other thing I've noticed shooting both .357 and .38:

When I go to punch out the spent .38 rounds from the cylinder on the .357, as often as not, the casings hang up on the walls and don't all come out cleanly.

When I punch out the .38 cases from the .38, the spent brass all comes out uniformly and easily drops to the floor.

Just an observation; please bear in mind my total lifetime shooting with revolvers includes 300+40 or so through these two little guns, plus maybe a cylinder of some Ruger revolver (might or might not have been a Security Six, I think it was) back when I was in my 20's and lived for a time on a farm. *

* kid you not. Making bull calves into steers was quite an experience for this college boy in 1984.

My first was the .357, my second is an X in .38. I found the weight difference in the pocket to be noticeable, and the external hammer to not be an issue. Yes they’re ugly, but the tamer grips (I use the boot grip) and front sight options make the LCR a winner for me.

Anyone know if the 9mm's are the 357 frame or the 38?

User Tag List