Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: "Official Ruger LCR Thread"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I listen and read all these positive things about the LCR, then I look at one and cringe. If I give in and buy one I hope shooting it will eventually get me past the ugly. (smile)

Dave
    You mean my Glamor Shots photo of mine didn't sell you? They are kind of the Glock of Snubs. LOL
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    ...and have divested myself of all my J frames except a 4” model 63 pre lock that is on my never sell list...
    The sole j-frame in our house is my wife's 351pd and I do love that gat, especially because of how much she loves it. Takes a rare mode of dress or occasion for her to chose her G42 since she got the 351. If Ruger offered their .22mag with an 8 shot cylinder, I'd have been on it like white on rice.

I'll second the question about .327 front sight experiences. I was disappointed to learn the Big Dot isn't an option, but the Novak's Mega Dot would suit me better than (painted orange) OEM ramp.

I listen and read all these positive things about the LCR, then I look at one and cringe. If I give in and buy one I hope shooting it will eventually get me past the ugly. (smile)

Dave
    I gotta be really honest here. If I buy more revolvers, it totally makes sense for them to be LCRs. But every time I look at one I start trying to find reasons not to get one.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Are there any aftermarket front sights that regulate properly with the 327 LCR that anyone has actually used?
    I just measured my XS Sight for the .38/357 it measured 0.2985 inch. According to Brownells answers to questions regarding LCR Sights, they said the 327 would need a lower sight. The Novak is listed as 0.265. The Hi Viz Fiber Optic is listed as 0.220.

I have no experience with the 327 or those sights, that information is what I could find on Brownells.

Hope this helps.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    I just measured my XS Sight for the .38/357 it measured 0.2985 inch. According to Brownells answers to questions regarding LCR Sights, they said the 327 would need a lower sight. The Novak is listed as 0.265. The Hi Viz Fiber Optic is listed as 0.220.

I have no experience with the 327 or those sights, that information is what I could find on Brownells.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks. I don’t have a 327 LCR, but I am 32 curious so to speak. It’s probably stupid, but moving from 5 shots to 6 means i would have two full “2 body 1 head” charges on board. I like the thought of that

Dave
    Hey, when they first came out I actually jumped back in horror when I saw it. Then I finally shot one...

My thoughts after shooting a couple thousand through mine since I bought it in 2010

LCR Pros:

Weight to recoil management (I have the KLCR 357 version)
    Front sight is a user upgrade item

LCR Cons:

Long trigger reset prone to short stroking under stress
    Ugly
    Slightly longer than J frame for pocket carry
    Grip options limited

Does seem like Ruger could increase capacity on .22’s like to 9 rounds!! and lighten the thing up.

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    My thoughts after shooting a couple thousand through mine since I bought it in 2010

LCR Pros:

Weight to recoil management (I have the KLCR 357 version)
    Front sight is a user upgrade item

LCR Cons:

Long trigger reset prone to short stroking under stress
    Ugly
    Slightly longer than J frame for pocket carry
    Grip options limited
    Fair point on the trigger reset, although I think that's more likely if you're running an LCR in conjunction with a j-frame, sort of the way I start short-stroking my BHP if I'm using it in the same range session as my Colt Competition. If you run the LCR as a standalone, I think it's less of an issue.

I just got one in .38 a few weeks ago and really like it. Even with the plain ramp sight it’s vastly easier to shoot than the 642. Here are three consecutive runs of the 3-yard stage of the Snubby Super Test (5 shots in 3 seconds, strong hand only) - working my weak point on the drill. I think it’s a 142/150 aggregate.

Name:  4730E1A8-27A8-4DF4-B1DD-431B2757316A.jpg
Views: 1546
Size:  28.3 KB

I just installed the Meprolight sight with some orange reflective tape, so I’m interested to see if that changes anything for me.

For holsters, I got the PHLster City Special and the DSG Apollo. I need a muzzle pad or wedge on either of them, but with that added they conceal equally well. I tried modifying the City Special with a DCC clip for gym shorts wear, but it’s molded so tightly that the shorts would come off before the gun would click in. So the DSG wins for that; I just wish they made a version for the 2” barrel (since I need a pad anyway). If the Icon has the same level of retention as the DSG it should be a winner.

User Tag List