Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: "Official Ruger LCR Thread"

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    In what gun are you compairing the recoil of 38+p to the 17+oz. LCR 9mm?

Range rental LCR .38, I shot 50 rounds of 158LRN standard and 20 rounds of 130gr hydra shock +P, bought the ammo at the range. I did this after I got the 9mm just to see if there was a difference. IMHO, the 147 9mm has less recoil. Now if we want to talk about 124 +P 9mm in the LCR, well lets just say it wasn't nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    Range rental LCR .38, I shot 50 rounds of 158LRN standard and 20 rounds of 130gr hydra shock +P, bought the ammo at the range. I did this after I got the 9mm just to see if there was a difference. IMHO, the 147 9mm has less recoil. Now if we want to talk about 124 +P 9mm in the LCR, well lets just say it wasn't nice.
    I would imagine 38+P in a 357 LCR would be fairly tame do to the weight difference.

Most say 9 mm revolvers recoil somewhere between 38+ P and 357.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I would imagine 38+P in a 357 LCR would be fairly tame do to the weight difference.

Most say 9 mm revolvers recoil somewhere between 38+ P and 357.

The 9 is on the steel magnum frame so I think it would be pretty equal. The .38 is 13.5oz, the magnum is 17.1 and the 9 is 17.2.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    If the assailant is 10 feet away from you, what’s stopping you from drawing one of the guns accessible to your right hand from the original question?
    Occam's Razor?

Duces
    A peaceful man is capable of great violence, but he keeps it under control. If a man is not capable of violence, he is not peaceful. He is just harmless. (Jordan Peterson)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I'm waiting on delivery of my first set of these right now.

But it's my understanding they are hard/rigid. I will probably wrap in athletic tape to cushion them a bit...I type not even having them in hand yet...
    That’s what I did with mine on the LCR38 and 22. They’re rigid but I really like the design and indexing. Have a hookless set on order as well.

Nothing beats the OEM Hogues for range sessions, but I like the Hamre grips very much.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I did try black hockey tape over factory rubber, it did help a bit I think.

Name:  IMG_3425.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  99.9 KB

LCR left in Dark Star Gear, my P365X in JM CK 2.5 at right.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    G10.
    From conversations with the owner Hamre grips are made from "It's a pretty darn high grade nylon, with impregnated carbon fiber. It's made with heat on the higher end of what people are able to do, and we use zero cooling, so it all locks in REALLY nicely."

They're going to be offering reproductions of desirable, out of production stocks, and will have the ability to modify them to fit different firearms in combinations that previously weren't offered (IE - Spiegel J frame grips on an LCR).

I have a set on my .22lr and will be messing around with seeing what the targets/timers tell me before experimenting with them on my .38spl to be honest.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    From conversations with the owner Hamre grips are made from "It's a pretty darn high grade nylon, with impregnated carbon fiber. It's made with heat on the higher end of what people are able to do, and we use zero cooling, so it all locks in REALLY nicely."

They're going to be offering reproductions of desirable, out of production stocks, and will have the ability to modify them to fit different firearms in combinations that previously weren't offered (IE - Spiegel J frame grips on an LCR).

I have a set on my .22lr and will be messing around with seeing what the targets/timers tell me before experimenting with them on my .38spl to be honest.
    Yeah I saw they had an array of wood stocks to work with. Thanks for the info, I assumed they were G10.

Good discussion on HF grips on the Ruger LCR? thread starting on page 88, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Yeah I saw they had an array of wood stocks to work with. Thanks for the info, I assumed they were G10.
    Originals were printed… but they’re upping their game significantly with a new powder bed. Keep an eye 👁️ on their IG for some of their brilliance coming to market.

Ryan & his son are Uber creative and with all those other designs to pick and choose elements from, there will definitely indeed be something that tickles the fancy of revolver nerds innumerable.

User Tag List