Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: "Official Ruger LCR Thread"

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye63 View Post
    I look at gel to compare one bullet to another...give a a good base line .. But ... How will a bullet react when it strikes a bone ?
    All gel isn't equal. Clear gel lets you compare to clear gel, and can eliminate some options, but they don't compare to "real" gel. "Real" gel correlates to real world results, and there's a reason the FBI is a battery of tests, not one or two. Bullets that do well in the auto glass test also do well on bone strikes.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...ed-32-magnums/

The Speer 100 gr Gold Dot hollow point in 327 Federal Magnum should offer decent terminal ballistics.

They should follow suit and make the 3” lcrx in .327 too.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!

That might have just cost me some money! I have a blued 5.5 Bisley in .45 Colt and a SS 5.5 Bisley 45ACP/Colt. I think they need a little brother...

Site Supporter

Reentering The World Of The LCR

I had sold or traded my previous LCR's which started this thread. I had gone back to J Frames and most recently a Kimber K6. The K6 is a very nice Snub, however it is heavy for pocket carry. I had thought about and researched the K6xs which breaks the 16oz. mark, but doesn't allow the front sight to be changed without a gunsmith.

While attending the most recent Revolver Roundup at Gunsite, I was lucky enough to win the raffle of a Ruger LCR which we had used in the shoot house training. While driving home I had plenty of time to think of my options. (1722 miles). I checked my LGS and found a new LCR and made the trade of the K6, and walked out with cash. Karma...

After receiving my LCR from Gunsite, I found that the two revolvers are only 595 apart in their serial numbers. The Boot Gripped one is the one I got at the LGS.

As can be seen both triggers are very close in pull weight and are stock. I've installed the Standard Dot XS Sights. I have a Wilderness Force Option Pocket Holster and my JMCK AIWB should arrive today.

Embracing the Snubby Lifestyle...
    Name:  LCR Pair.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  76.8 KBName:  LCR Boot Grip.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  94.9 KBName:  LCR Tamer Grip.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  78.2 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    I've been shooting and occasionally pocket carrying my LCR with boot grips while my 642's been back @ S&W,
    The Hi Viz sight makes quite a difference as does the boot grip, it's quite accurate with 148gr WC and pocket-able...
    not to mention fun to shoot.

I have been infatuated with the idea of a snubbie for a while both for its light weight, "get off me" attributes and versatility.

J frames and actually any Smith over .22lr hurt to shoot. Not hand sting but stabbing pain in the base of my thumb.

I don't have that with any of my Glocks or with other poly framed handguns.

I have been eyeing and thinking about giving the LCR a whirl thinking that maybe the poly frame and different dimensions might give me less pain.

Recoil velocity calculation says it will be similar but it also says the G42 should be above the pain threshold and it isn't for me.

Anyone have any insight?

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    I had sold or traded my previous LCR's which started this thread. I had gone back to J Frames and most recently a Kimber K6.
    Was the raffle the primary thing that brought you back to the LCR over a J or have you found the LCR subjectively better in some way?

I'm absolutely LCR curious but already have a 442 and am weighing either eventually buying a second 442 or getting a a pair of LCRs (.38 or .327).
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post

Anyone have any insight?
    I have the same problem. I decided to go with 22LR almost exclusively. I had a LCR 22LR until my wife decided she liked it. I now carry a S&W 43c in 22LR.

I have various J-Frame, LCR and 856 sized revolvers. The only ones I can shoot a lot without pain are the 22LRs. Even mild wadcutter loads don't allow me to shoot a lot for practice. I've been logging round counts and centerfire will be 2 to 4 cylinders full while with 22LR I loose count of how much I shoot.

User Tag List