Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: "Official Ruger LCR Thread"

Left hand hook with a lanyard—I’ll need at least one of those. Some places I fish I’d like to have some snake shot readily available.

I dunno if this has come up, but does anyone have experience with the "Rogers Enhanced LCR Grip"?

https://rogersshootingschool.com/col...anced-lcr-grip

Name:  Screenshot from 2023-12-20 10-52-51.png
Views: 308
Size:  49.1 KB

The Rogers Enhanced LCR Grip for the Ruger LCR adds support for the full hand without sacrificing concealment. The grip moves the hand higher on the backstrap of the revolver to substantially reduce muzzle flip when firing. The Rogers LCR Grip fits more hand sizes because of the reduction and placement of the finger grooves. Made from impact-rated, engineering-grade polymer. Unlike molded rubber grips, these won’t degrade with age and become sticky. As such they won’t cling to clothing, skin, or the inside of holsters and pockets. The choice of the material allows a smoother draw from pocket holsters and prevents the grip from "grabbing" to clothing when drawn. The aggressive texture pads on both sides of the grip increase control of the revolver when firing. The "tabs" that flare out on either side of the trigger guard allow it to catch and sit on top of the belt so it can be worn IWB without a holster.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I dunno if this has come up, but does anyone have experience with the "Rogers Enhanced LCR Grip"?

https://rogersshootingschool.com/col...anced-lcr-grip

Name:  Screenshot from 2023-12-20 10-52-51.png
Views: 308
Size:  49.1 KB

The Rogers Enhanced LCR Grip for the Ruger LCR adds support for the full hand without sacrificing concealment. The grip moves the hand higher on the backstrap of the revolver to substantially reduce muzzle flip when firing. The Rogers LCR Grip fits more hand sizes because of the reduction and placement of the finger grooves. Made from impact-rated, engineering-grade polymer. Unlike molded rubber grips, these won’t degrade with age and become sticky. As such they won’t cling to clothing, skin, or the inside of holsters and pockets. The choice of the material allows a smoother draw from pocket holsters and prevents the grip from "grabbing" to clothing when drawn. The aggressive texture pads on both sides of the grip increase control of the revolver when firing. The "tabs" that flare out on either side of the trigger guard allow it to catch and sit on top of the belt so it can be worn IWB without a holster.
    On paper it's awesome. I can't get through 3 cylinders of .38 with one, it's painful. It carries as well as the 2 finger, the shirt drapes much better, but the profile lets the gun squirm in my hands and the draw is always consistently much, much slower than other grips I have.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    On paper it's awesome. I can't get through 3 cylinders of .38 with one, it's painful. It carries as well as the 2 finger, the shirt drapes much better, but the profile lets the gun squirm in my hands and the draw is always consistently much, much slower than other grips I have.
    Thanks...saved me $30. I was keying on on the "impact-rated, engineering-grade polymer", which I assumed would be harder, much harder, than the rubber / composite insert (sorbothane?) of the Ruger factory grips. Appreciate the info.

I only have 50 rounds through my LCR with the Hamre Forge grips wrapped with tape. Plan to shoot it again later today.
    The tape really helps in my personal experience.
    With an email exchange with @rhamre it sounds like many good things are scheduled down the line. (Welcome to P-F Sir).
    I'm looking forward to a bit more of an aggressive texture, something a bit more "grippy".
    That said I really like the way these grips fit my hand and the hook works great even as I sit here typing in my PJ's...TMI I guess, but true nonetheless.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Thanks...saved me $30. I was keying on on the "impact-rated, engineering-grade polymer", which I assumed would be harder, much harder, than the rubber / composite insert (sorbothane?) of the Ruger factory grips. Appreciate the info.
    It is much harder polymer - I find the texture isn't aggressive at all, and needs enough wraps of hockey tape to make it tacky enough that a shirt hangs it similar to OEM rubber (which don't allow the gun to squirm in my hands, nor are they painful to shoot with).

My .22LR wears the Hamre forge grips, and I'm becoming a big fan of them.

User Tag List