Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: "Official Ruger LCR Thread"

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    My travel kit in the winter is a G26 in a shoulder holster, pocket airweight, ankle airweight.

In the summer, it’s usually one airweight, and possibly the G26 depending on how far/how many days I’m going. I did make a CA roadtrip this fall with just one airweight: unload and secure at the border, load and make ready after escaping. I do not like loading and unloading semiautos in a car or hotel, or it would likely have been the G26.

I’ve gone back to carrying revolvers a *lot* lately.

I’ve never shot an LCR, but a .22LR LCR is on my list.
    I’d be careful! Three weeks ago I bought an LCR .22 and last week had to pick up an LCR .357. Yes, they are that good and it took me all these years to get past how damn ugly they are. Contemplating adding the LCR 9mm after the first of the year.

Almost immediately got a reply from Hamre Forge, these guys are great:

On Dec 16, 2023, at 13:25, R H <hamreforge@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Richard,

We're testing a Left Hand carry LCR option right now, and it should be available shortly.”

“Awesome, many thanks!

I appreciate the information, especially on a Saturday.

The only other question I have is relative to the grip material, I’ll see if this is covered in the web site. I’ve previously had a G10 grip on my LCR, but went back to Factory, since the solid, almost plastic feel of the G10 gave me a good recoil whack, even with decently performing (750 fps) wadcutter ammo.

If you offer a left handed version, and the material you form them from is in the neighborhood of the original rubber Ruger uses, I’ll definitely look into ordering a set next year.

Thanks again for your time.

V/R

Rich

Richard J. Jenkins
    llando88@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    That's what a blade is for.
    I see a knife as more of a "Please get off me" tool, useful within a narrow envelope. What does a bladesman do against a pistolero at, say, 10 feet? I hope you'll agree that the Tueller Drill would not be helpful here, as that involved a holstered gun and thus has no relevance to this discussion. Presume your opponent has gun in his hand, as a knife is in yours. Stand him the width of your car away and give him an attitude. Now what?

Duces
    A peaceful man is capable of great violence, but he keeps it under control. If a man is not capable of violence, he is not peaceful. He is just harmless. (Jordan Peterson)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    I see a knife as more of a "Please get off me" tool, useful within a narrow envelope. What does a bladesman do against a pistolero at, say, 10 feet? I hope you'll agree that the Tueller Drill would not be helpful here, as that involved a holstered gun and thus has no relevance to this discussion. Presume your opponent has gun in his hand, as a knife is in yours. Stand him the width of your car away and give him an attitude. Now what?

Duces

My comment was irrelevant to your response. My primary and my snub are both carried SS. The blade is for OSS. Mu response was in regard to carrying a BUG strong vs OSS, not about deploying a blade at car length.

Hard to tell for sure from the video, but looks like the Hamre Forged grips are made of hard rigid plastic to me. Gonna pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    In what gun are you compairing the recoil of 38+p to the 17+oz. LCR 9mm?
    I thought the recoil was less with a 9mm lcr with Winchester 147 9mm rangers than the 38 lcr with 130 +p Winchester. Both guns had the ruger bantam grips on them.

I have the hamre forge grips on a lcr 9 right now. Love them for carry and how they feel in the hand, however I’m not a fan of shooting with them. Going to see if a little tape wrap will help with that, or I’ll go back to the bantam grips or a shortened Roger’s grip.

Jason

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Hard to tell for sure from the video, but looks like the Hamre Forged grips are made of hard rigid plastic to me. Gonna pass.

G10.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I'm waiting on delivery of my first set of these right now.

But it's my understanding they are hard/rigid. I will probably wrap in athletic tape to cushion them a bit...I type not even having them in hand yet...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    Mine lives with me almost daily. It lives its life primarily as a bug but also fills gas station, rest stop duty or any other time I need a pocket gun. Carry ammo is 147 HSTs and shoots to point of aim, same ammo that is in my primary. Recoil is less than .38 +P. Reloads are carried by marrying 2 moons together and carried in my offside pants pocket, I have yet to bend a TK Custom or Speed Bee moon clip, I have bent one factory clip but it flattened out and I still use it for training. There is enough grip options so a person could/should fine a viable set. I modified the factory to my liking. Some say its ugly but so is a hammer. The only con I have is there aren't many replacement front sights.
    This is pretty much the roll a snub fit's for me, these day's 99% of the time my primary is a 365XL or, lately a X Macro with an LCR or 642 Pro in my pocket, 642 with CT laser grips works well for off hand pocket carry. I've used the moon clips with the 642 without issue, I guess my question pretty much comes down to shoot-ability of the 9mm LCR...accuracy (will it shoot to a Hi Vis replacement sight), reliability, recoil etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post

Duces
    If the assailant is 10 feet away from you, what’s stopping you from drawing one of the guns accessible to your right hand from the original question?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List