Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: "Official Ruger LCR Thread"

"Official Ruger LCR Thread"

Received my Pocket Aholster for my Ruger LCR .38 today, $39.97 from https://aholster.com/product/pocket-aholster/

The wait was about a week and a bit. Communications were excellent. I got a reply immediately to clarify my order, and then a follow up with the tracking notice, once it shipped (via USPS with tracking.) Fit and finish are excellent. Gun "slides" into holster, vs. "click". Which seems correct to me, given it's use as a pocket holster. The weight surprised me; in the Aholster, the package is 17.1 oz, in carry condition. In my usual Desantis Nemesis, it is 18.1 oz. The kydex of the Aholster is both thinner and less bulky than the Desantis fabric.

Did a few dry draws. Release is smooth with no binding or dragging. The "ears" lock into the pocket upper and pull free as the gun is lifted. The reduced thickness of the holster material allows slightly more room to get a good grip in the pocket.

I'm extremely pleased with it.

Last edited by RJ; 08-14-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Received my Pocket Aholster for my Ruger LCR .38 today, $39.97 from https://aholster.com/product/pocket-aholster/

The wait was about a week and a bit. Communications were excellent. I got a reply immediately to clarify my order, and then a follow up with the tracking notice, once it shipped (via USPS with tracking.) Fit and finish are excellent. Gun "slides" into holster, vs. "click". Which seems correct to me, given it's use as a pocket holster. The weight surprised me; in the Aholster, the package is 17.1 oz, in carry condition. In my usual Desantis Nemesis, it is 18.1 oz. The kydex of the Aholster is both thinner and less bulky than the Desantis fabric.

Did a few dry draws. Release is smooth with no binding or dragging. The "ears" lock into the pocket upper and pull free as the gun is lifted. The reduced thickness of the holster material allows slightly more room to get a good grip in the pocket.

I'm extremely pleased with it.

RJ, do you notice and printing from the holster itself? Having hard edges vs the more soft material and whatnot
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    RJ, do you notice and printing from the holster itself? Having hard edges vs the more soft material and whatnot
    Nosir.

Outside of work, I pretty much live in these relaxed zip off shorts:

BC Clothing Mens Convertible Stretch Cargo Hiking Pants Shorts, Zippered Pockets (Small x 34L, Khaki Tan)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0722KMD52..._u0kvDb66A8GAJ

The pocket cut is generous, and the gun is virtually unnoticeable. I do find the Kydex results in a bit more room, on the draw, as I mentioned.

Just bumping this thread back up as I am more & more liking the heck outta my LCR .38!
    I probably need to pick up a second LCR in .38 because I plan to shoot this one to death! Loving it!

The below is a 5x5 drill I ran Monday. The rounds were 3.6 grs AA#2 behind some 130 gr PC bullets we made a few years back.

I have some 160 gr PC bullets I need to develop a load for in .38 spl. I've already developed some for 9mm and they are remarkable.

Name:  5x5 drill 30 sept 2019.jpg
Views: 1433
Size:  24.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nerd View Post
    That’s fantastic - I’ll pack it up.

Thanks,

GN
    So as an update - in Quarantine World I end up carrying the LCR around the house all day, every day. After nearly 6 months (!) I like the extra length of the Apollo, and wish PHLster made a 3” model.

Name:  0CDCC5BB-A0BF-45AD-8843-131CC1EE0E14.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  100.2 KB
    Name:  39C46917-5CEB-4C1E-BA93-ED63EB199785.jpg
Views: 949
Size:  103.7 KB

357 on top
    327 on bottom

When the buying frenzy is over .. Id like to have a LCR38

I’ve been meaning to post this here: Cold Steel’s hard rubber LCR. This thing fits my various holsters, and is hard enough to use for random draw practice, and soft enough to hit solid objects with the barrel, etc. Being a very hard rubber, it’s tackier than a blue gun (which can affect the draw effort), but probably still viable for disarm/retention practice. At any rate, if you’re an LCR person, and you don’t have something that you can just grab off the desk to practice your center-fed room entry, or draw to a structured-up #2 in between episodes of “Bosch” or “The Expanse,” then this green thing might fit the bill, especially as cheap as it is. Presented FYI:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I’ve been meaning to post this here: Cold Steel’s hard rubber LCR. This thing fits my various holsters, and is hard enough to use for random draw practice, and soft enough to hit solid objects with the barrel, etc. Being a very hard rubber, it’s tackier than a blue gun (which can affect the draw effort), but probably still viable for disarm/retention practice. At any rate, if you’re an LCR person, and you don’t have something that you can just grab off the desk to practice your center-fed room entry, or draw to a structured-up #2 in between episodes of “Bosch” or “The Expanse,” then this green thing might fit the bill, especially as cheap as it is. Presented FYI:

Wow that is dirt cheap! Thanks for posting this.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post

Could you guess what the weight is?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Could you guess what the weight is?
    I just weighed mine, it's 5.6oz.

User Tag List