Thread: Armscor/Rock Island M200?

Armscor/Rock Island M200?

Does anyone have experience with these?

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 393
Size:  35.2 KB

I can order one through my range for $235 OTD or my preferred pusher has one on consignment I can probably get for under $200. It appeals to my inner cheap bastard frugal side as an inexpensive toy to futz around with but not if it's a steaming pile of crap that takes snowflake accessories (grips, loaders, etc) I can't get anywhere but Armscor/RIA.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I have one and it was my first revolver. It's serviceable and seems to be robust. It's a loose copy of a Colt, but the only grips I have found that work are Pachmayrs, and the seam does not absolutely come together in the front. but in shooting it, I can't tell. It's now my "garage gun"

Thanks!

One of my (many) weaknesses is “but it’s a good deal!” which is usually code for “there will be fewer hard questions asked when she looks at the account”. I’m probably going to pass because I have other projects and wants that make way more sense than this but I can file the information away in case anyone asks me about them.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Name:  IMG_1861.jpeg
Views: 268
Size:  54.1 KB

Yeah, If I had it to do over again I would have purchased the snub nosed model

Site Supporter
    My Brother-in-law has one, and another old friend of mine that dabbles in guns also bought one. On separate range trips and times I've shot them, I honestly came to the conclusion that the extra $50-100 for a Charter Arms or the $~100-150 for a higher end Taurus would be worth every penny.

And that was *before* Taurus started turning itself around.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    My Brother-in-law has one, and another old friend of mine that dabbles in guns also bought one. On separate range trips and times I've shot them, I honestly came to the conclusion that the extra $50-100 for a Charter Arms or the $~100-150 for a higher end Taurus would be worth every penny.

And that was *before* Taurus started turning itself around.
    Now that's damning with faint praise!

I kinda sorta am interested in one of these, but have never so much as handled one. Ideally I just want to shoot .38 without wincing, as in with my LCR.

What’s the batting average of getting a new one that’s a shooter, and/or at least generally without issues?

User Tag List