Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: "Official Ruger LCR Thread"

Also throw this out there...Brownell's does make roll pin punches. For putting them in I never used a punch unless necessary, just a g-smith plastic hammer...which Brownell's would also be glad to sell you. Every gun dude / dudette needs a basic kit...eventually.
    Last edited by Redhat; 08-02-2019 at 06:03 PM.

You can get a roll pin driver that fits the LCR pin on Amazon for 6 bucks and change. Link through here so LL gets his 6 cents to keep the lights on for half an hour...
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 08-02-2019 at 06:50 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Hmmm, help out Bezos or Brownell's...let me think..

Anyway, RJ, I hope you share a Photo of your new sight on the LCR.
    Last edited by Redhat; 08-02-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Hmmm, help out Bezos or Brownell's...let me think..

Anyway, RJ, I hope you share a Photo of your new sight on the LCR.
    Best I could get this morning, bearing in mind I’m no photographer:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Best I could get this morning, bearing in mind I’m no photographer:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Works for me...thanks

Got a chance to shoot the Ruger LCR .38 with the new Novak Tritium "Mega Dot" front sights. This was the second cylinder of Federal Gold Medal Match Wadcutter, at 5 yards. This sight seems to be a good match for the gun/ammo.

Attachment 41121

I will add, I did apply some knowledge I'd gained here on the "how to grip a revolver" thread. I adjusted my support hand to keep out of the way of the cylinder, and used a kindof thumb over thumb grip I'd seen. Seemed to work better for me.
    Last edited by RJ; 08-09-2019 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Got a chance to shoot the Ruger LCR .38 with the new Novak Tritium "Mega Dot" front sights. This was the second cylinder of Federal Gold Medal Match Wadcutter, at 5 yards. This sight seems to be a good match for the gun/ammo.

Attachment 41121

I will add, I did apply some knowledge I'd gained here on the "how to grip a revolver" thread. I adjusted my support hand to keep out of the way of the cylinder, and used a kindof thumb over thumb grip I'd seen. Seemed to work better for me.
    Looks good! Was that timed or slow fire for max accuracy? Did you notice a marked improvement?

I like mine. It's not my main carry, but ever now and then it becomes my BUG.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Looks good! Was that timed or slow fire for max accuracy? Did you notice a marked improvement?
    Just basically slow fire, maybe all five rounds in 10 seconds. I typically try and get a sight picture and press.

A buddy picked up the 3" LCRX in 22 Winchester Magnum Rimfire a while back and has since cursed me for hooking him on mouseguns. He dropped it off for me to play with for a while so I did the reasonable thing:

Pressed an AIWB rig, tore off the original stock, and added the two-finger one that came on my 22LR LCR.

Going to bag it at 25 yard to zero the rear for the load he's chosen, shoot Rich Grassi's Comparative Standards, a Wizard Drill, a 5^5, one rep of New Hampshire's police qualification course of fire, and some draws to single hits on a 6" steel plate at ranges from seven to thirty yards. Then I'll press him an OWB rig and maybe return it. We'll see how long the more compact stock stays on in his service.

E: My wife keeps saying that she can't deal with a double-action trigger but that doesn't stop her giving the 3" paddles on our rimfire dueling tree hell with my snub. The first time she shot my buddy's kit gun, she batted 1.00 on a roughly 11"x17" steel plate at the 25 yard line. Then my daughter managed 0.67 so this thing is definitely agreeable.
    Last edited by Hi-Point Aficionado; 08-13-2019 at 11:25 AM.

User Tag List