Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: "Official Ruger LCR Thread"

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I can cut them down. The width the LCR holster winds up being generally feels better for most at the longer length, and the cooler 22's that many have are also 3". Working on a dedicated shorty once the K6S is out.
    Cool. How much do you charge if I send mine back?

Extra length has value but gym shorts waistbands ride lower. For my build I need a wedge or pad on anything.

Thanks,

GN

Hammertime
    I tried like heck today but I can’t comfortably pocket carry the LCR. Going to try a Mika holster next. I can certainly get it in a pocket it’s not horribly heavy and draws nicely, it just prints like crazy in my pants. So does a J frame FWIW.

The thing is Glock 26 sized. I can’t ever see preferring it to the G26 for belt carry.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I wear the same type of cargo shorts, and after your OP, I ordered the Blackhawk holster you mentioned. Thank you! I’ve finally got a pocket setup I that I really like for my LCR. Now I’m debating replacing the front sights with Novak units on my 38 and 357 models
    You're welcome. I changed the sights on both of ours to the XS Standard Dot Tritium. They work really well and it's a 10 minute job.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I tried like heck today but I can’t comfortably pocket carry the LCR. Going to try a Mika holster next. I can certainly get it in a pocket it’s not horribly heavy and draws nicely, it just prints like crazy in my pants. So does a J frame FWIW.

The thing is Glock 26 sized. I can’t ever see preferring it to the G26 for belt carry.
    Put the Tamer Bantam Boot Grip on it, if you haven't already, it makes a difference.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

"Official Ruger LCR Thread"

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Put the Tamer Bantam Boot Grip on it, if you haven't already, it makes a difference.
    I was thinking the standard grip that came on my LCRs was a bit bulky in the pocket at lunch today; so I ordered one of these direct from www.ShopRuger.com to give it a try. Thanks for the tip. Much obliged.
    Last edited by RJ; 07-21-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Site Supporter
    I shot my "new" LCR today.

I have mixed emotions.

It's less punishing to shoot even with +P loads. The gun is just as snappy, but it doesn't batter me. The sights are much easier to see. However, I seem to be shooting left unless I put a lot of finger on the trigger (up to the first distal joint) like I do with my Glock. So, I've traded one set of problems for another.

I kind of like my J-frame better though. The trigger geometry and feel are "normal" to me whereas the LCR feels "weird". Not bad, just weird.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    @whomever pointed out in another thread about .327 v 9mm that Ruger's manual indicates that it's perfectly safe to dry fire all their revolvers, even in .22 rimfire. I read it, but I still didn't believe it as I've known for 40yrs that you shouldn't dry fire a rimfire.

And I was wrong. I called Ruger directly and their rep assured me that all Ruger revolvers and rifles are safe to dry fire...even the rimfires. (Fwiw, they do not recommend regular dry fire of their semi-auto rimfire pistols.)
    I didn't believe it either, but I dry fired the hell out of my lcr 22 mag and don't have any problems still, bought it when it first came out too. I figured screw it, they have a lifetime warranty and I originally bought it for my mom but she never warmed up to it so I got it registered to myself. Now it's my pocket snake gat loaded with 3 cci birdshot and 3 gold dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nerd View Post
    Cool. How much do you charge if I send mine back?

Extra length has value but gym shorts waistbands ride lower. For my build I need a wedge or pad on anything.

Thanks,

GN
    Just shipping.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

FYI, there’s a pocket holster (AHolster RH) for an LCR in the KARMA section that’ll go to a site supporter later this week.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Just shipping.
    That’s fantastic - I’ll pack it up.

Thanks,

GN

User Tag List