Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: "Official Ruger LCR Thread"

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Good discussion on HF grips on the Ruger LCR? thread starting on page 88, too.
    I sometimes get lost between the two threads. Thank you for linking them.

I received my HF grips around 2100 last evening (busy postal time). Ordered and received in just 3 days too.

I took the Bantam grips off my .38 LCR I normally pocket carry with a clipdraw for easy grab & go.

The HF package is inclusive of the Allen wrenches need and the grips fit my LCR quite well. Nice product.

I did some dry fire from both my beltline and my A-Holster and really like them thus far. I did add some grip tape and will be able to test them out at the range tomorrow.

This is side by side with my 640 in the old TPI "Werner" configuration (Barami Hip Grips) and the new HF LCR.

Name:  Hamre and Barami 1.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  51.7 KB
    Last edited by Jamie; 12-17-2023 at 10:53 AM.

2nd pic

having pic trouble... it was me...

Name:  Hamre and Barami 2.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  49.4 KB

Name:  Harme A - holster.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  60.2 KB

I've been excited about and excited for Hamre Forge since I learned of them and bought a set the minute I got the email early alert. Unfortunately the heel hump does my misfit hands and high thumb grip no favors at all.

I asked Ryan in an email exchange if they have any of the pre-production models sans the Boresight Razorback-like heel hump that I could trade for or purchase. He answered quickly (also on a Saturday, how can you not like these people?) and told me to keep an eye on my mailbox for something interesting. I've been hawking it like a kid waiting on Christmas ever since. With the insight @jandbj shared, I'm even more excited.

Wonder if Hamre Forge has any plans for a pinky finger length version?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Wonder if Hamre Forge has any plans for a pinky finger length version?
    Yeah.

We're keeping a list of what we see as "viable" business opportunities. Different grip profiles for guns that we already grips for is definitely one of those. I could see us doing a lot with S&W J-Frame, and then carrying over some of the design elements of those popular S&W J-Frame grips to other makes and models as the grip frame accommodates.

Right now there is a need for Hooks on pistols that have never been able to have the capability (outside of a coat hanger). For example, there is a sizeable group of people who want a Hamre Hook on a Colt Cobra. At the same time I also want to make a full size grip for the LCR. When we first released the LCR grips, we couldn't start with a full size grip on the LCR, so we released a very concealable version of an LCR grip. The three finger is still on our to do list, but in order of prioritization, the Colt Cobra is higher on the list than the three finger LCR grip.

Who knows though, a gorilla in the room with a checkbook may seek that three finger, which could change the priority.

We're trying to tackle a bunch of makes and models, Charter Arms, larger S&W frames, Ruger SP101, Kimber K6s & K6xs, etc. It seems everyone has a favorite revolver they carry that they want us to make grips for, and so we just plan to tackle it in stride.

@rhamre, thanks for taking the time.

I would be curious what was most requested/your top 5 priority list now,if you felt like you could publicly share. If not, understood; I wouldn't want you to do anything you might felt would be important to keep under your hat for the moment.

I also wonder if the requests really match the market. For instance, for every Colt owner that wants a hook, I'll bet there are 20 Ruger LCR owners who would buy them, but perhaps haven't even heard of you yet.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

SP101 and K frame hooks are interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by rhamre View Post
    Yeah.

We're keeping a list of what we see as "viable" business opportunities. Different grip profiles for guns that we already grips for is definitely one of those. I could see us doing a lot with S&W J-Frame, and then carrying over some of the design elements of those popular S&W J-Frame grips to other makes and models as the grip frame accommodates.

Right now there is a need for Hooks on pistols that have never been able to have the capability (outside of a coat hanger). For example, there is a sizeable group of people who want a Hamre Hook on a Colt Cobra. At the same time I also want to make a full size grip for the LCR. When we first released the LCR grips, we couldn't start with a full size grip on the LCR, so we released a very concealable version of an LCR grip. The three finger is still on our to do list, but in order of prioritization, the Colt Cobra is higher on the list than the three finger LCR grip.

Who knows though, a gorilla in the room with a checkbook may seek that three finger, which could change the priority.

We're trying to tackle a bunch of makes and models, Charter Arms, larger S&W frames, Ruger SP101, Kimber K6s & K6xs, etc. It seems everyone has a favorite revolver they carry that they want us to make grips for, and so we just plan to tackle it in stride.
    The three finger version only adds little length but it makes a big difference.

Thanks for considering it!
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    @rhamre, thanks for taking the time.

I would be curious what was most requested/your top 5 priority list now,if you felt like you could publicly share. If not, understood; I wouldn't want you to do anything you might felt would be important to keep under your hat for the moment.

I also wonder if the requests really match the market. For instance, for every Colt owner that wants a hook, I'll bet there are 20 Ruger LCR owners who would buy them, but perhaps haven't even heard of you yet.
    Regarding the Colt owners vs LCR owners, all too true, and I completely agree.

Our list is looking like this-

Kimber K6s and K6xs (in progress)
    Charter Arms (in progress)
    Colt Cobra
    Ruger SP101
    S&W K/N

The most requested thing we get though is for Left Handed Hooks for all the guns we have out and the ones above.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    SP101 and K frame hooks are interesting.
    Oh yeah. Ruger SP101 and GP100 are great hiking/backpacking/hunting companions, and having the ability to hook on or hang on stuff seems of some use.

For the larger frame sizes, I think the first larger S&W frame size would be the N frame, to capture the S&W 327.

A Hamre Hooked 327 (or two) at 23.2oz, with 8 shots of 38spl or 357mag, sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    The three finger version only adds little length but it makes a big difference.

Thanks for considering it!
    Heck yeah, we're open to all kinds of thoughts on the subject. We're thinking through some opportunities for lanyards even, since we could see people wanting to carry something and have it accessible during rafting or backwoods stuff where a revolver could be dropped.

I know I take mine out on the ocean tuna fishing.

Name:  2023-07-20 09.13.30.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  55.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rhamre View Post
    I know I take mine out on the ocean tuna fishing.

Name:  2023-07-20 09.13.30.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  55.6 KB
    I remember a story about Elmer Keith and friends hunting sharks with .44 Magnums (at least that's how I remember the story) but I've never heard of fishing for tuna with a .38. I have zero interest in "regular" fishing but I can see where handgun fishing would be a heck of a lot more interesting...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List