Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AAR: Centrifuge Training (Will Petty) VCQB, Alliance, OH 6/29-30/19

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Thanks for the AAR. The bullet stopping power of the A, B and C pillars is impressive. It must be the High strength steel auto manufacturers are using in the structure of more modern safety conscious cars.
    That is exactly what Petty said in class. The old adage of "find a '55 Chevy to hide behind", besides making no sense outside of Cuba, has also been found to be incorrect. These parts on modern cars are much tougher, per Petty.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    That is exactly what Petty said in class. The old adage of "find a '55 Chevy to hide behind", besides making no sense outside of Cuba, has also been found to be incorrect. These parts on modern cars are much tougher, per Petty.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Thanks for the AAR. The bullet stopping power of the A, B and C pillars is impressive. It must be the High strength steel auto manufacturers are using in the structure of more modern safety conscious cars.
    Improvements in crash worthiness has improved ballistic protection. We often joke that real gunfighters drive Volvo’s and Subaru’s. Lol! We’ve done demos shooting 5.56 duty through the front passenger door until we get hits on the outside of the drivers door. Older cars take significantly fewer rounds to penetrate door to door. I think it was a Mercedes one day (I wasn’t there) that took around 200 rounds before anything penetrated.

@43Under I finally had time to sit down and read your entire AAR. Very well done and it captured the important aspects of the cass!

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Improvements in crash worthiness has improved ballistic protection. We often joke that real gunfighters drive Volvo’s and Subaru’s. Lol! We’ve done demos shooting 5.56 duty through the front passenger door until we get hits on the outside of the drivers door. Older cars take significantly fewer rounds to penetrate door to door. I think it was a Mercedes one day (I wasn’t there) that took around 200 rounds before anything penetrated.

@43Under I finally had time to sit down and read your entire AAR. Very well done and it captured the important aspects of the cass!
    Thanks for the kudos. Much appreciated.

On a sidenote, I drive a Subaru

User Tag List